Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Viva Carlos's December 10 questions

1. What horse size do you prefer to ride? I used to be totally in love with smaller, catty horses. But now that I'm eventing and the jumps are getting bigger and more solid, I really love that a tall horse makes things look smaller when you're on their back.

giant bobby, tiny red pony. 

2. Do you school in tall boots or half chaps and paddock boots? I flat in paddock boots and half chaps, and I jump in tall boots so that I can slather them in Leather Grip.

3. What do you do with your ribbons after shows? Hang them on my wall like a fucking child and revel in their prettiness. Because if I have to pay $200-300 a show, I damn well want to look at a fifty cent ribbon any time I want.

4. Do you ride/board at a large show barn or a small private barn? A small show barn where I am the only eventer, and one of...oh, two? people that aren't in BO's lesson program. Way to ostracize yourself, let me tell you.

red pony shows the general equine feeling towards bobby.
bobby shows his patented response to ponies that don't like him. 

5. Have you ever seen a horse give birth? Yes. I had to pay three years worth of tuition for it too and call it a class. Worth it? No. But then tiny babies of any sort don't really do it for me.

6. What is your favorite breed? Yay, Thoroughbreds!

7. Favorite tack brand? Yay, anything I can afford!

8 . Would you ever buy used tack? Bitch, please. Would I ever eat an entire package of oreos in one sitting? That's pretty much what you're asking. And obviously the answer is a resounding yes.

9. Ever been on a carriage ride? My horse gives carriage rides--or prissy cart rides. But I have been on several real carriage rides with real carriage horses, and none of them looked like they were being abused.

10. How often do you go to the tack store? Once or twice a year. My tack store is really far from my house, really expensive, and run by people that make me feel like I have "Poor Woman Showing" tattooed on my fucking face. I just shop online.

7 comments:

  1. That shot of red biting at bobby is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answer to question 8 seriously made me laugh so hard my mother things I'm insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have eaten an entire package of oreos in one sitting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yea i definitely agree with #1 - big horses definitely help me feel better about the big (to me) jumps lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What not even tiny pone babies D:

    Also #3 say it loud and say it proud lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like the normal serving size for Oreos is the entire package....no?

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.