Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Costume Creations: Frontiers-horse

This past weekend I finally got around to crossing off one of Bobby's outfits from my Costume Creations list. It was without a doubt the easiest of the ten to accomplish as Hubby has all of this pioneer shit awesomeness. We just needed a day where it was above negative digits to get the pictures.

danger on the horizon!
or just looking for my fucking dogs

After Hubby dug out everything he deemed necessary for me--a buckskin shirt, homemade moccasins, a silly leather hat, the capote, grizzly bear fur trimmed mittens (made by my BM), a muzzle loader, a fucking tomahawk, and various pouches and necklaces of various importance--we headed out to the barn to see what we could scrounge up for Bobby. BO dug us out a blanket to strap to the back of the saddle and donated her buffalo hide chinks for the cause.


Obviously we went with a western saddle and pad, and I dug around the tack room to see if I found a western bridle I thought would work. I pulled out the least decorated (because bling doesn't really belong out in the wild, wild west of however long ago, amirite?) and showed it to Hubby. He was all, "Meh" so I brought out the rope side pull instead. It just looked more bad ass. Of course it was also too small for Bobby so I had to take the throat latch off, but whatever. It worked.


 Once we got the two of us dressed, which was serious fucking teamwork because that buckskin was a bitch and a half to get on, we scaled Bobby's favorite snow bank and dove into the accumulating snow to start our shoot.


Bobby immediately took Great Offense to me carrying the gun. I don't know if he likened it to a whip, or just assumed it was a bludgeoning stick and that I had taken him out into the woods to beat him to death. Really love having a horse that decided out of the blue one day that things in a rider's hand (any rider on any horse--it's not just me on his back) are going to kill him. Love it.


Anyway, we spent a large chunk of time trying not to run Hubby over as Bobby danced all over the place and ran himself into bushes until he finally just got over it on his own and realized there was nothing to be a spaz about.


We took a bunch of shots with just the buckskin on, and then added the hundred and fifty pound capote and the mittens to finish off the look. Holding reins with mittens that are about ten times too large for you is really hard, by the way.


This was more of a dress up for me I guess, but Bobby definitely had to be there to complete the look. I think next up is either a pretty, pretty princess or his drag persona. It will involve a lot of pink regardless.

35 comments:

  1. Absolutely love these pictures. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I legit now COMPLETELY love you and your horse ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO BADASS!! I think this should be a regular look for y'all. It seriously looks like you stepped right out of a western. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just raised the standard on horse dress up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys did a great job! This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg so awesome! The snow goes with the frontier theme as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cool! Love the black and white ones

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Amazing shots!! You get 10 million gold stars for creativity and awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK this outfit is totally awesome

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome. I think you need to be wild west extras in a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. badass. This is awesome!! Hell yeah! You look like you could be straight out of a kick-ass western.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The snow really worked out perfectly for this! You will have so many fun pictures by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ARE doing a calendar right? I would pay money to look at this shot all January 2016 long.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You win. I need a calendar of you and Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  15. While I do love this, I'm stuck hoping the drag option includes fake boobs.

    Please tell me it includes fake boobs.

    If it does not, I cannot die happy.

    ... boobs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One giant, lacy, stuffed bra coming right up.

      Delete
    2. Bobby better be wearing lipstick.

      Delete
  16. These pics are EPIC! As f'ing annoying as the snow has been, it makes for a great backdrop though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I LOVE THESE!!!! Best costume EVARR!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow those are so cool! Very creative!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would wear that coat in a real life situation, #noshame. Also, clearly I am a weirdo because I actually find these photos rather adorable, and not ironic or silly. haha. one for the wall!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG awesome!! Very creative.. and seems authentic (to my uneducated self anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG awesome!! Very creative.. and seems authentic (to my uneducated self anyways)

    ReplyDelete
  22. May I humbly suggest Bobby as a spring flower?

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.