Friday, February 13, 2015

Costume Creations

A big thank you to everyone that suggested ideas! I think some of you might have overestimated my sewing skills (of which I have none), and my general craftiness (of which I have little), but I think with some (a lot) of help from my barn mates, I can make all of these work at least in a ghetto fashion.

Sooooo......

The list for the year is:

1. RuPaul, drag horse. Let's be honest. I already own enough pink boas to make this happen right now.

2. Moving skeleton. I'm hopeful I can get the camp kids in on this over the summer and get some really cool jumping pictures.

3. Frontiers-horse. Because Hubby has all this shit, from the musket to the beaver cap to the Hudson Bay coat (or whatever the fuck it's called).

4. "If you're a bird, I'm a bird." Inspired by Aimee's suggestion for a bird, we're going to recreate the infamous The Notebook kiss in the rain. Obviously once it's warm enough for some piped in rain.

5. R Patz as a vampire. I can't wait to play the brooding, open mouthed, resting bitch face Kristen Stewart.

6. A sheep. Easy, adorable, should probably involve a flower crown as well.

7. Katy Perry and Shark. This was just such an amazing as shit suggestion that I had to include it. I don't know how I'm going to make it happen, but I'm already on the hunt for a shark mask.

8. Pretty, pretty princess. Nothing makes me happier than pink hair spray, and it's obviously needed here.

9. Quarterback. Be still my heart, if you've followed this blog for any amount of time, you should know which one.

10. Native American war pony. Paint the pony everywhere!

I also loved Lauren's idea for a costume of a famous person each month for a calendar. I think I will probably have to do that next year.

What do you guys think? Good enough? Anyone want to road trip to NE PA and help?

9 comments:

  1. *raises hand! I'm in central OH and will make the trek to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! Hahaha poor Bobby has no idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!! can't wait to see Bobby in that #5 jersey :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be amazing!! Can't wait for results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sell the calendar to help raise show funds! I'll totes buy ☺☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beyond awesome. So excite.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.