Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Costume Creations: RuPaul, Drag Horse

I really hope I did this one at least a modicum of justice with a limited budget and selection of girly things you can decorate a horse with. To me, drag is just about the most amazing form of costume creation ever, but that might just be because I don't even know how to put on eyeliner.

I sent out an S.O.S. to Sarah to meet me at the dollar store to see what we could come up with. We pretty much just plucked everything pink off the shelves, added in some glitter glue, and bought out all of their fake hair...literally. I already had the boas and tiara (of course), and I just bought this fucking amazing Hello Kitty neck sleezy that was going to be perfect as the base layer for everything. I added in a lacy yellow bra with some bling on it that unfortunately didn't come out in the pictures and we were ready to go.


I put Sarah in charge of hair while I started hanging necklaces and boas around his neck. Sarah not only accommodated my request for bangs, but she also gave them a rather stylish cut and side sweep. We brought Bobby outside so I could wrap his legs with the metallic pink paper acting as a sort of pant/sleeve/who-cares-it's-pink. I added some silver glitter glue as eye make-up (well out of the way of his eyes, no fear), and attempted to give him some luscious lips.

He wasn't too impressed with that.


But damn did it make for a good picture.

Once he was as decorated as he was going to get, we just stood back and admired what an amazing job we'd done. It took me probably a full minute before I was even able to get my camera out because I was laughing so fucking hard.


I mean, I really can't even. I have the most tolerant horse on the entire planet.


He decided on his own when he was done being tortured and turned around to go back into the barn. I pulled his tiara and wrapping paper and gave him a few cookies. You'd think he'd be ashamed to be spotted by his fellow equines, but I thought he might want to show his bestie Memphis, so I sent him off to the courtyard to say hello as I cleaned up (Bobby is allowed to wander at free will around the barn. He doesn't ever go anywhere or get into anything.).


Sadly Memphis was scared shitless of Bobby in drag, so Bobby made do with saying hello to everyone else that was in. Once he was done, I gave him more cookies and started scrubbing the glitter off his face and side. He had a few sparkles remaining around his muzzle, but I can only see that as a good thing.

35 comments:

  1. I think these are some of the most attractive photos of Bobby, ever. Being a lady clearly suits him.


    How did you manage to not die of laughing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is SO MUCH to love about these pictures. SO. MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS AMAZING. You, my friend, are a genius.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW. The pink leg wraps really complete the look. This is the best shoot yet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaaaaahahaha. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BOBBY = FABULOUS!

    Hahaha these are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tolerant? God yes. But you know, that little sparkle in his eye tells me he fancies it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE OMG BEST COSTUME JOB EVER. The hair. The lipstick. The eyeshadow. The leg warmers. The EVERYTHING!! You freaking rock. Bobby rocks. You just made my whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. THE WIG THOUGH. LOLOLOLOL.
    This is so awesome. You absolutely get the prize for best horse costume ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So funny & a patient model. The slinky is quite eye-catching!
    http://lifeatthe4shoes.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous RuPaul, just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAH-bu-lous, dahling, just FAH-bu-lous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm crying, I'm laughing so hard!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh heyyyyyyyyy!

    Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG. The lipstick is killing me. I love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely effin LOVE this so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is 100% perfection and I LOVE IT so much

    ReplyDelete
  18. He is totally hamming it up in those pics! Looks like Bobby totally approves of the drag look!

    I laughed so hard I got some weird looks at work...whoops!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG this is the best thing I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. STOP IT. STOP IT RIGHT NOW.

    THIS IS FUCKING PERFECT.

    That photo of him showing his teeth?! I died. Drag Bobby 4evs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lipstick is amazing!!!!! What a trooper. I can just see him flicking his hoof..."You better work!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "If you can't love yourself, how the HELL you gonna love somebody else?"

      Delete
  22. Just catching up and OH MY GAWD. That is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god. RuPaul is my favorite human alive. Drag is my favorite art form. I've actually performed in drag quite a bit, as a drag king, although here in Confederate Virginia that isn't possible. I LOVE IT THOUGH.

    Like, seriously. I have hearts where my eyeballs should be right now.

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL YESSSSS - when can we order the calendar?!?!

    that pic of him with the curled lip and the 'whoa' sign behind him?? priceless!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.