Thursday, March 5, 2015

TOABH: ermahgerd

Any excuse to use "ermahgerd" in a post is okay by me. Love the latest from Beka!


What is your pony's absolute favorite riding activity?  What makes those little ears perk and causes the knees to lift?  Let's just focus on the favorites - we'll save the bucks for next week.

Let me first point out that the "little ears" description in the above text does not apply here.

Moving on.


after stadium, staring intently out onto the xc course
(photo by niamh)

Without a doubt, out of all the activities Bobby gets forced upon him, cross country is his absolute favorite. At straight dressage shows, we get done with a test and he's already looking around for jumps. At events, as soon as the jump tack comes out, he quits dicking around and stands like a rock until I'm on him. In warm up, he's a beast. There's no standing still and waiting patiently.


jump ahead!

His ears are always up (a rarity in any situation), and he's always hunting for the next jump. I've gotten us into trouble by making some bad decisions before, and Bobby has repaid me by stopping in front of a fence once or twice, but for the most part he's completely point and shoot out there. He genuinely loves jumping cross country fences, and he's taken over and jumped by himself plenty of times while I just sit there clinging to him.

Now if we could just transfer that joie de vivre to stadium...

6 comments:

  1. I love how passionate bobby is about xc!! Esp watching him go thru the helmet cam footage - always looks like a total blast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like he really likes xc, so much happy ears in your helmet cams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so handsome and that's such a good passion for him to have. Honestly, I think it's the most fun and excited. "Getcha game face on mom!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Bobby. XC is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first picture looks so much like Yankee it blows my mind a little. I have that hack a bonnet and it took me a second

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bobby is a major xc bad ass - that is all

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.