Monday, April 23, 2012

ZOMG, Blogger. I hate you!

arghblarghdblargh. I hate the new Blogger, and apparently the new Blogger hates my internet and it keeps kicking me off. It makes me not even want to write a post because it's annoying the shit out of me. Where is my orange background?!

So I ended up driving home Saturday instead of Today. Just because. The puppies approved of this. They were tired of suburban living.

piggy says, "are we there yet?"
Which means yesterday I rode Robert for the first time in a week. Yay, right? No. Not at all.

*As a sidenote, Hubby went out on his own initiative Saturday morning and put Bobby's sheet on since the temperature was dropping and rain was in the forecast. What a good Hubby.


We had some whoa and go issues. Bobby wanted to go and I wanted whoa. The videos are after warm-up and a sans rider romp around the arena so he had settled some, and honestly they look like he's being pretty chill, but the main issue was the rhythm at the trot. He wasn't going forward, he was going fast, and I didn't want to post like: updownupdownupdown--I wanted Up. Down. Up. Down. We were having a seriously hard time accomplishing this.



My head wasn't quite back in the riding game yet and I tried to remedy this by being very handsy which was the wrong thing to do. Things started escalating between us and he alternated between sucking back and going all drama llama with his head in the air and a carosel horse trot, and snatching at the bit and going speed racer. I think it was mostly the time off, but this was also the first ride in the loose ring snaffle which isn't much of a whoa bit.

We ended with a strong hand gallop around the arena which slowly came back to a regular canter, and finally a trot that wasn't crazy town for half of the arena.

bffs bobby and spyder in their matching sheets.
There's a new OTTB in the barn. Being obsessed with all things TB, I looked up his tattoo:


His name is Trippedoutofadream. He's a 7yo FL-bred gelding by Trippi out of a Horatius mare. He had 41 starts with 7 wins, 4 seconds, 9 thirds and $89,132 in earnings. Interestingly, he didn't make is first start until nearly the end of his 3yo year. I thought he was fresh off the track when I first saw him because of how fit/skinny and tucked up he is. But he's barefoot behind and has steel shoes on the front, and his last race was a full year ago.

he's totally adorable, no?
He's for sale and one of the boarders may or may no be interested in him, but in the meantime, BO will try to use him for her lesson program.


I HAD THE WHOLE REST OF THE POST FINISHED AND WAS WAITING FOR ANOTHER VIDEO TO LOAD AND BLOGGER KICKED ME OFF THE INTERNET AND IT WAS LOST. I HATE YOU BLOGGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The rest of the post will come later. I'm too pissed now.

6 comments:

  1. Haha! Rushy quick ottb? I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about. :-p

    New guy is cute. Steal him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I hear you on the Blogger hatred. It's like the devs live in a bubble and make whatever wacky changes they want, without any thought for the USERS. Argh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trippedoutofadream is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trippedoutofadream is a cutie!

    And I too despise the new blogger. It took 12 times to make a post yesterday. I was flaming mad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie Trippedoutofadream is. I love racehorses where their name is a bunch of words all smashed together.
    My monster wasn’t raced until he was a 3 year old either. I’ve been meaning to investigate that further…

    ReplyDelete
  6. word on the street is that you can go back to the old blogger by finding the wheel looking icon on the top ish right side of the screen- click that and chose old format or something like that.

    The new horse is way cute!

    Haha i like what Sprinklerbandit said :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.