Friday, April 13, 2012

No interesting title.

Clearly I deviated from my earlier schedule of dressage ride Wednesday and Thursday and jump school today. Wednesday I explained that the arena was just not looking appealing to either of us, and then yesterday I realized that today is Friday the 13th. I am definitely superstitious and I know that if I had tried to jump today, I would have probably died. Bobby too. Just because. So instead we dressage-d today!

stopping to say hello to dollar.
I don't have much to say about it. Robert was fabulous. We were in the indoor even though it was gorgeous outside because Bobby doesn't think dressage work should be done in wide open spaces. Plus, I think he likes to admire himself in the mirrors. Oh, well. Pick your battles, as they say.

We did a ton of trot work. We'd take a walk break after doing one fun thing at the trot and Bobby would be all, "Yay, canter time!" And then we'd do more trotting. But I mixed it up so neither of us got bored. Trot circles, trot leg yields, sitting trot, lengthening and shortening the trot, and trot-halt-trot.

After all that, I let him canter three circles and one full time around the arena in each direction before calling it quits. He was a hair strong and crooked to the right, but not out of control by any means and he straightened out as we went along.

I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. Clean tack. Pack the trailer. Possibly get ambitious and give him a bath. We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. Two years in a row, I've been in pretty scary accidents with horses on the second Monday in August. I'm not usually superstitious, but I don't need to be told a third time. I'm locking myself inside on that day this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "FUCK MEMPHIS!" BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.