Saturday, August 2, 2014

Board Price: The Results

No, I didn't forget about all your responses. I just sort of forgot. But I yelled at Excel some, had a minor freak out about doing math (Even if it was only addition and division. Still math.), and then scrolled through everyone's answers until my eyes bled.

Plus this time I made the graph all by myself!! So if your eyes start bleeding trying to decipher it, oh fucking well is all I can say to that.

Without further ado:


If anyone wants the spreadsheet emailed to them that lays it out clearer, let me know and I can do that. And I'll tell you that you have no life, but that's okay because clearly I don't either. Yay, besties!

There were several states/provinces that only had one answer for them, so the averages were obviously not averages and instead just your answer, but at least you can compare to other people. I didn't really know abbreviations for you lovely Canadians (with the exception of British Columbia) so you get yours all spelled out. Yay, you!

Also someone should give Alicia a prize for paying the most out of any of us. Yay, Alicia! I think?

15 comments:

  1. Oh my lanta, the expenses! :)) I feel so cheap now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, New England, why must you be so effing expensive? I look at the non-RI/MA costs and realize that I'm really living in the wrong section of the country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the only one who does self care?! Wow hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting!!!!!! I am in CA and my board is CHEAP so I must have really skewed that average. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That board price for us in bay area is fairly on spot for a stall... Sadly...

      Delete
  5. I still feel like all horse expenses should never be put in charts. Charts are metrics. Metrics are irrefutable proof. Metrics are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I accept any and all prizes. I'm the one sobbing in a corner because board costs so. damn. much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh snap.. I didn't give answers for this, let me fuck this shit up. CA : It depends. I pay $425, that's just feeding and cleaning and providing a shelter. Most full care places I've seen are about 1k (in the Palo Alto area and doesn't include training.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but $600 would be fair for east bay give it depending on partial/ full care definitions. Too much either way lol.

      Delete
    2. Yep. I'm at $600 in the EB for a pipe stall with shelter - feeding and cleaning included. It's still the most expensive I've paid. SB and SC were all about $400 for an in-and-out stall. Throw training on top of that and either way my S/O constantly questions why he's marrying an equestrian ;) haha oh well - worth it!

      Delete
  8. Shoot! I'd totally meant to reply to the original post. Oops. Here in my section of California board is $400 for paddocks and $450 for stalls, but my old barns ranged from $775 for full care to $1250 for a stall and partial care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely feeling better about board now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should show this to my parents when they complain about me having horses when I'm a poor college student. At least I pay below the average!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I have been a bad example of New Brunswick since that's on the higher end of board around here. And I just moved two days ago to a cheaper place, haha.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.