Saturday, August 2, 2014

Board Price: The Results

No, I didn't forget about all your responses. I just sort of forgot. But I yelled at Excel some, had a minor freak out about doing math (Even if it was only addition and division. Still math.), and then scrolled through everyone's answers until my eyes bled.

Plus this time I made the graph all by myself!! So if your eyes start bleeding trying to decipher it, oh fucking well is all I can say to that.

Without further ado:


If anyone wants the spreadsheet emailed to them that lays it out clearer, let me know and I can do that. And I'll tell you that you have no life, but that's okay because clearly I don't either. Yay, besties!

There were several states/provinces that only had one answer for them, so the averages were obviously not averages and instead just your answer, but at least you can compare to other people. I didn't really know abbreviations for you lovely Canadians (with the exception of British Columbia) so you get yours all spelled out. Yay, you!

Also someone should give Alicia a prize for paying the most out of any of us. Yay, Alicia! I think?

15 comments:

  1. Oh my lanta, the expenses! :)) I feel so cheap now, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, New England, why must you be so effing expensive? I look at the non-RI/MA costs and realize that I'm really living in the wrong section of the country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! We're doing this all wrong.

      Delete
  3. I'm the only one who does self care?! Wow hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting!!!!!! I am in CA and my board is CHEAP so I must have really skewed that average. :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That board price for us in bay area is fairly on spot for a stall... Sadly...

      Delete
  5. I still feel like all horse expenses should never be put in charts. Charts are metrics. Metrics are irrefutable proof. Metrics are bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I accept any and all prizes. I'm the one sobbing in a corner because board costs so. damn. much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh snap.. I didn't give answers for this, let me fuck this shit up. CA : It depends. I pay $425, that's just feeding and cleaning and providing a shelter. Most full care places I've seen are about 1k (in the Palo Alto area and doesn't include training.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but $600 would be fair for east bay give it depending on partial/ full care definitions. Too much either way lol.

      Delete
    2. Yep. I'm at $600 in the EB for a pipe stall with shelter - feeding and cleaning included. It's still the most expensive I've paid. SB and SC were all about $400 for an in-and-out stall. Throw training on top of that and either way my S/O constantly questions why he's marrying an equestrian ;) haha oh well - worth it!

      Delete
  8. Shoot! I'd totally meant to reply to the original post. Oops. Here in my section of California board is $400 for paddocks and $450 for stalls, but my old barns ranged from $775 for full care to $1250 for a stall and partial care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely feeling better about board now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I should show this to my parents when they complain about me having horses when I'm a poor college student. At least I pay below the average!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like I have been a bad example of New Brunswick since that's on the higher end of board around here. And I just moved two days ago to a cheaper place, haha.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.