Instead, I figured I'd do a post of some of my favorite pictures from when Hubby and I were farming in NY before we moved down here and became rural suburbanites. I swear that's a real thing.
![]() |
| we did a lot of relief milking for our fabulous neighbor. the kelpie was always willing to help feed the calves. |
![]() |
| my pygmy buck, napolean, ruled the homestead. |
![]() |
| my exceptionally expensive pygmy mama and her twins. |
![]() |
| just a goat in a truck. |
![]() |
| hard working farm dogs. |
![]() |
| baby goats with the wrong mamas. |
![]() |
| checking the bee hives. |
![]() |
| my brother on storm. |
![]() |
| out of our entire raised bed, i grew one flower. |
![]() |
| storm and napolean were besties. they were constantly harassing each other. |
![]() |
| 4' of snow in one day. bring it, pa. |
![]() |
| proof we lived in the middle of nowhere: while we obviously had fencing, storm and the goats had free rein of the entire property. |
![]() |
| storm helping bag and tag corn for the goats |
![]() |
| we bought him for me, but he liked men so much more. hubby rode him a lot. |
![]() |
| my awesome pig barky drinking her morning goat milk. |
![]() |
| she knew how to sit on command |
![]() |
| the fat cat with his chickens and ducks. |
![]() |
| baby goat out for a ride. |


















Maybe it's the four hours of sleep I got last night, but I spent a solid five minutes trying to figure out the "hardworking farm dogs" picture. There are feet...where there shouldn't be feet...is that an upside down dog in midair?
ReplyDeleteThat's a 70lb German Shepherd puppy getting mauled by two 40lb cattle dogs. He was a complete pushover. Literally!
DeleteHaha, that's awesome! Those are some fun pictures.
DeleteWhat great pictures. I don't know why, but the bees were cracking me up!
ReplyDeleteBahaha love these!! Favorites include a goat in a truck, baby goat going for a ride, and the second piggy picture. A sitting pig? Come on now. I wants.
ReplyDeleteLove this, I also love and miss having pigs!
ReplyDeleteThat sitting pig & piggy-backing goat are the awesome!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun pictures!!
ReplyDeleteSitting pig? Epic!
ReplyDeleteawesome photos
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics! Looks like life was a lot of fun.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures! Also stumped by the farm dogs picture at first. :D There are future plans for (very small) pigs here at the farmette, and chickens this spring.
ReplyDeleteDid you love having goats? (so cute) I've heard they tend to escape a lot, and destroy all the things...
If we hadn't had so much acreage in such a remote area, I would never have had them. You can't keep them in ANYTHING they don't want to be in. They're the most ridiculous escape artists on the planet. I did love having my pig though!
DeleteI now feel like I have to take up the hobby of goat stacking. Great pics!
ReplyDeleteThis is soooo fun!!! Look at all the baby goaties!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE goats!!
ReplyDeleteGreat photos. Gotta love that pig~
ReplyDelete