Saturday, February 15, 2014

Well, we tried.

The last time I rode was Wednesday, which in the grand scheme of things isn't too bad. Bobby started off pretty sassy on the longe line, and he was pretty quick under saddle, but he eventually settled down and we finished with another face of foam.

large, awkward head, but foam nonetheless.

And then we got seven inches of snow on Thursday. Friday was spent playing with our new snow blower. Love. I love the snow blower. The snow blower was my valentine. I also ate a shit ton of chocolate and mauled a burger the size of my face at Red Robin. But no barn.

i did make a snowman. does that count as productive?

Today, I woke up to two more inches of snow on my car and the snow coming down in earnest.

SO. OVER. IT.

Hubby did ask if I wanted him to take me to the barn despite the snow. I was like, "Heck yes! ....But not if we're going to die." So we played with dogs for awhile, and the snow finally seemed to slow.





We only live ten miles from the barn, and we'd probably traveled about eight of those miles before we slid off the road. After ten minutes of getting nowhere, one of Hubby's customer's appeared over the top of the hill like a fucking miraculous mirage equipped with a snow shovel and chain. He pulled us out and we carried on. We logged another mile before stopping to pull someone else out ourselves.

is that the road, or someone's field? who knows!

At that point, even though we were this close to the barn, we were all, "Fuck it." and turned around. Of course, as soon as we got home the snow stopped falling. But we gained another four or five inches on top of the thirteen we already had from this week.

OVER ITTTTTT.

Did I say that already?!

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the barn tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll be making up for my lack of saddle time by working out at home.

Doing squats.

With Lucky Charms marshmallows on hand.

they're magically delicious. 

9 comments:

  1. Haha I love the sequence of pictures of the dog being thrown into the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of snow. I'll second the "over it!"

    I'm really going to have to try the squats and lucky chars combo. Is it like a reward system? One charm for each squat? I bet I could do a lot of squats that way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I have never seen snow like that in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg did you throw your dog into the snow? That's hilarious. Dying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flying puppies!
    Loving the squat motivators :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dog in the snow-hilarious! I'm sure he/she didn't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bahaha the dog! I can just imagine her bounding back and asking for another throw too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm slightly traumatized from your dog getting thrown into the snow and disappearing. And slightly jealous. Your X-mas photos with snow were so cute and I was all "gee wish I got some snow here" and after reading about getting stuck on the road and then saving some else less than 10 miles later, I'm thinking "nope, nope, I'm good over here where there is no snow"

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.