Thursday, February 5, 2015

To Do: Costume Creations

There are a long list of things that I'm not a fan of when it comes to my horse, but there are also things he does or attributes he possesses that can be put in the Good Pony column. Bobby has pluses, guys, the chief among them being his total tolerance of anything you do to him on the ground, and most anything under saddle.

zero fucks were given

Obviously I have to take advantage of this. I'm the first to jump on a contest that involves dressing up my horse in a costume, and fuck knows I love a good decorated beastie for Christmas pictures. But there's so much more out there that I can do.

And damn it. I want to do it.

my only regret is not using more pink hair spray

So I'm asking everyone for help. I want any and all ideas of ways to dress up/decorate/torture beautify Bobby. Full body wrapping paper? Moving horse skeleton paint? Match those big donkey ears to an Eeyore costume? Bobby goes wild, wild west?

Doesn't matter. All gold.

Next week I'll assemble a list of my top ten favorites, and throughout the year I'll cross them off with full photo and/or video documentation.

stakes winner ladys dark al--hold on, that's just robert!
(mostly this just makes me want to be tan again.)

So what'll it be? Public humiliation of my horse is kind of my thing. He doesn't mind. Cookies make up for everything.

25 comments:

  1. I love all of these ideas! Bobby is the best at dress-up :)
    And I miss being tan like nothing else in this world. Stupid winter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Love dressed up Bobby! He is a saintly animal at such. In honor of RuPaul's drag race starting up, I suggest a drag look. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes drag Robert. Robertaaaaaaa.

      Delete
  3. omg .... you have to dress him up as all the things!! sooo many options.... maybe football player bobby?? or super hero bobby, complete with cape? or perhaps bobby will try his hand at jousting?.... really the possibilities are endless :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to come to my Halloween short course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you should dress Bobby up in either...

    a) historical figures from history
    b) famous novel characters
    c) famous movie characters

    And do one every month. Then make into a calendar. I'd buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think famous Roberts would be fun. Robert E. Lee (confederate hat/musket/etc), Robert Louis Stevenson (a Pirate), Robert the Bruce (kilt/warrior stuff), Robbie Burns (a poet/feather in cap, notebook), Robert Downey Jr. (iron man?), Robert Pattinson (a vampire).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd really like to see lobster bob. Or as a giant version of Mags.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You as Katy Perry; Bobby as Shark

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your horse is honestly a saint : P

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote you dress him up as a dragon, and yourself as either a knight or princess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 90% sure Bobby wants to be a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You should dress up like a greaser and Bobby should wear a poodle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. have you seen that dragon horse mask? bobby needs it.

    http://www.inspirefusion.com/scary-mask-to-turn-your-horse-into-dragon/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should actually dress him up like a donkey.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, I know he is a TB, but I would love to see him rock an Arabian Mounted Native Costume! There's some Arab in there if we go back far enough!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please dress him up "person style" like this: Santa Costume
    and then take video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the idea of duo costumes... Savvymom's is my fav so far: Katy Perry and Shark... PRICELESS.

    I also like dressing horses up as other animals.. an elephant, a camel, a lizard, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always thought Little Bo Peep sheep was a fun dress up. Always wanted to do it!! Google 'horse sheep costume'. Can't you just see Robert in one of those?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bobby needs to be a Pegasus, can you imagine the jumps he could clear!?

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.