Thursday, February 19, 2015

TOABH: A Rose

Yay, blog hops for life! Boo, it's too cold for riding!


From BekaEvery horse seems to have at least three names:  the "real" one, the barn one, and that special one.  What are some of your pony's names?

Bobby has two "real" names. He's registered with the Jockey Club as Mightybobbymagee, and registered with the USEA as Bobby Magee. 

His barn name is simply Bobby, though he almost equally gets called Robert by both fellow boarders and staff. 

As for his nicknames, they are plentiful:

RuPaul
Heriberto
Roberto
Sir Robert
Bravely Goes Sir Robert (sung to him like "Brave Sir Robin" from Monty Python)
Pony Britches
Pony Pants
Mr Magee
(insert any word of your choice here) Magee

a.d.d. magee...

The one nickname that everyone has called him at some point, from the time he was a wee baby to now, is Bobert. And I hate it. I don't know why, but it just annoys the shit out of me. So don't call Bobby Bobert. Call him Robert. Or just call him an expletive. He answers to that, too. 

11 comments:

  1. BRAVELY GOES SIR ROBERT! Now that's stuck in my head...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same - but awesome song/film so totes worth it ☺

      Delete
  2. ummm this comment above mine...feeling like he didn't read the blog, lol. Either way I love all your Bobby names!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Redheadlins....I'm thoroughly confused by that guy's comment above.

    But I love that Robert responds to an expletive. That makes my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. When danger reared it's ugly head,
    He bravely turned his tail and fled.
    Yes, brave Sir Robert turned about
    And gallantly he chickened out...

    Well that's in there for life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha bc of course your horse answers to expletives lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time we call our friend Robby Bobby I think of your Robert. So add that to his bucket of classifications.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.