Thursday, November 28, 2013

5 Day Challenge - Day 3

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hubby left for this morning to celebrate with his family while I stayed behind to gorge myself on the leftovers from our dinner last night. An entire chocolate pudding pie to myself? Yes, please. I plan on eating and watching football all day, and maybe sneaking down to the barn at some point if I get brave enough to try my icy driveway in the Saturn.

11. Critique your horse's conformation

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Bobby's conformation is most similar to an angry Brontosaurus. He is not a particularly well put together horse, and he's certainly not a horse you'd do a double-take at walking by.

His head is large and blocky and currently still sporting two small mysterious unicorn horns. His neck is exceptionally long. For the first six years of his life, it also held no muscle or fat and looked like a noodle. It's now thick and muscled, but still twice the length of a normal horse's.

His withers are high, but with his improved topline, they're not as impossible as they once were. His barrel is very typical for his sire's offspring in that it's very large with well sprung ribs that often make him look thinner than he is. His back is only slightly shorter than his neck, and it leads to a weak hind end with a long, flat croup.

He sticks at a true 17 hands (Bring your own stick, bitches. Truth.) with very good bone in his legs. He has long pasterns and shoddy feet--though that's a work in progress!

With proper conditioning and training, I think Bobby is a good example of how a horse's naturally "meh" conformation can be worked around.

because i used his best confo pic yesterday.
also, i think this shows his size well. i'm 5'10" of legs and he doesn't make me look giant.

12. Horse's favorite riding exercise

Bobby's ideal day of riding would be a trail ride that headed to his favorite swimming hole followed by a good blow out in a large field.

happy donkey ears having a romp.

13. Favorite spa day products

I'm a neurotic groomer so my horse rarely needs any extra scrubbing. If I'm going to do a spa day, it involves doling out money to the chiro or one of Bobby's massage ladies.

just another day in the life of a hard working gangster.

14. Three best things about your horse

Ooh. Toughest one yet. Uhhh.....

  1. He
  2. Has
  3. Personality
how we feel about each other 99.9% of the time.

15. Favorite picture of your horse

bobby in the background is usually the best way to make him look attractive.

6 comments:

  1. So nice to see a 17hh horse that's ACTUALLY 17hh. Dancer is 16.3hh and people are always shocked at how huge he is in person. It makes me want to smack all the people who claim they have 17hh+ monsters. I frequently want to comment, "If that horse is 18hh, his rider must be 8' tall!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think to most people 17hh equals, "Ohhhh, kind of, maybe 16hh? And by 16 I mean 17! So what if I'm 5'5" and my legs hand over his sides!"

      Delete
  2. Your captions are freakin hysterical. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG That photo of Bobby with the masseuse is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the record, I don't think Bobby's neck is too long at all - it's really quite nice and balances him out! Now his head, yes, that IS a tad large. But such a cute face so who cares...

    I'm sure he would look taller if you were shorter. Chop off your legs! :) As it is, you guys match each other really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His neck only looks like it matches the rest of his body because the rest of his body is also so absurdly long. ;) I think he also doesn't look quite so tall in pictures because he's so thick instead of all legs. No super models here!

      Delete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.