Saturday, November 30, 2013

5 Day Challenge - Day 5

Once again, thanks to Tracy for creating the 5 Day Challenge! It's kept the ole blog a-rolling while Bobby gets a mini vacation. Make sure you check out the Blogger Gift Exchange and specify that you'd like to be my Secret Santa. By the way, I only asked for a dressage saddle. No bigs, right?

21. Favorite classes to watch

I love watching big jumper classes. Jumpers is one of the few disciplines where I can sit back and just enjoy watching instead of getting a little twitchy to get on my horse and try to emulate what I've just seen. Five and six foot jumps are never in my future, nor is memorizing more than one jump course in a day.

although let's be honest. we'd be puh-retty fucking good at it!

22. What's in your cooler at horse shows?

Oh my god, candy. So. Much. Candy. I pack sandwiches, fruit, chips, granola bars, and gobs of water and Gatorade, but it's all overshadowed by the amount of chocolate I pack. I have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), and while that means I should could pack along an orange juice (what I usually go to when I start feeling dizzy), I prefer the instant gratification of a Milky Way. Or ten. But it's only on show days--I'm not advocating unhealthy eating every day!

Okay. Yes I am.

ironically i was super sick this day and clearly gasping for air.
which still doesn't excuse the above jumping picture, but LOLZ.

23. One thing about showing (or riding in general) you wish you could change?

The cost. You don't really need to get paid to put on a show, do you Organizer? Free entries for all!

free ribbons for all!
(i am such an albino.)

24. Your ringside crew

Only Hubby comes to shows with me. Poor Hubby. No one else at my barn events, I'm never going to pay to bring a trainer along with me, and my family is split between Illinois and California. So Hubby gets to tag along with a rub rag, bottle of water, and the camera while simultaneously controlling two dogs (who are fortunately very good show dogs) and dealing with my neuroses. Poor, poor Hubby.

he amuses himself by making the dogs jump the xcountry jumps.

25. Best prizes

What isn't a good prize?! I want ribbons, neck sashes, coolers, saddle pads, money, and even fucking picture frames. Fuck yeah, prizes!

first year as an event pony.
must win more swag!

5 comments:

  1. I love that your dogs tag along to your shows, and behave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horse show husbands are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hubby sounds like a pro at the whole horse show thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These five day challenges are really entertaining! I love candy too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - any prize is a fabulous prize.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.