Sunday, December 30, 2012

Skijoring.

Hubby and I had a game plan this morning, and we set out for the barn ready to make some bad questionable awesome decisions. Hubby has been bugging me to try skijoring for forever. We never got around to trying it with Red, and Storm would have kicked Hubby's head off, but Bobby is the perfect candidate.

"uhhh, i guess i'm ready?"
There were no jumps and no mad galloping as the only flat, safe spot to attempt this was the outdoor, but I am still counting it as skijoring. Hubby was on skis being pulled by a wild mustang.



We started off with Hubby skiing behind and around Bobby as Bobby paid zero attention to him. After half a lap of this, we said "Screw it" and looped the rope around the saddle horn. We moved up slowly from the walk to trot to canter, and Bobby just stepped out with zero hesitation. He could have cared less. He was frolicing in the snow and he was totally happy.





Granted Bobby is a pretty chill dude all around, but I think most horses would have no problem doing this. He was definitley having to pull, but the skis are so quiet he probably didn't even realize what he was doing. So everyone should try it!!



After Hubby had had his fill, Bobby and I cantered around on our own a bit, complete with a flying change. Sneaky bastard. I knew you knew them!



Such a good dude. I can't wait for my helmet camera to get here so we can do this again.

15 comments:

  1. Okay, that is too awesome. I'm very impressed that Bobby didn't bat an eye - what a good boy! And people say TB's a nut bars...
    I also have to say Bobby looks really adorable in the western saddle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious!! What a good sport Bobby is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun!! We used to do something similar with a pony and a sled at my barn, but I'm guessing skiing is more fun since you can steer and don't end up getting bounced out of the sled over the bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun!! Bobby is so good! We went sledding with Shy today. Riding/driving in winter can be fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I wish it snowed here so we could try that.
    Good boy Bobby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks so fun! It hasn't snowed here yet but if it does that would be so fun to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with him! My fuzz monster wont canter right now without an over eager hissy fit. I want to try this out soooo bad! Maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG - looks like a blast! Here I am...so proud I walked under saddle in the snow yesterday on my mare :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try that for like ever. If only our winter wasn't so freakin cold this year! today it is minus 7.

    Bobby in a western saddle...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favorite things to do in the winter :) Hoping we get enough snow for it this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was trying to convince my hubby to do this...he is too chicken!!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hehe. Now hubby needs a spear and some rings to put it through. Plus you should go faster.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wants to bank up the coop so he can use it as a jump. Not sure I'm convinced yet, lol.

      Delete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.