I'll show you some.
Three things to note:
- I measured the distances! I need you guys to follow me around to keep me honest. I pulled out my 100' measuring tape wheel thing and all. Bobby thanks you.
- In regards to cantering into the bounces: I don't know if that's frowned upon or not. I tried to trot in. Bobby ended up in between the first and second bounces at a halt. And then he walked/ hopped over the next two before calmly trotting out over the oxer that was, at that point, still just poles at the ground. I sat there trying to figure out what the hell he was doing. So we stuck to cantering. He did fine.
- You may be wondering what happened to 3'3 in the video. I'll tell you. I accidently put two 3' jumps in and I could only figure out how to delete the second 3'. I couldn't stick the 3'3 in the middle like I wanted; it only wanted to go at the end. In the throes of surfing the crimson wave (Come on! I know some of you have seen Clueless!), I stopped trying so that my computer was saved from being thrown across the room.
I think you look good!! :D
ReplyDeleteCantering into a line of bounces is just more challenging...less room for error if you screw up the distance. As long as you can safely do it, I don't see why people would frown upon it.
ReplyDeleteOh, and in general you have to set the first bounce to 9' if you're trotting in.
Hope I didn't completely misinterpret what you were saying!
Good to know! The bounces were set at 11' (the jumps were only 2'), so I guess it worked out better that I cantered in anyway.
DeleteYou guys look awesome!! Way to go. :)
ReplyDeleteYa! You guys look totally on the mark! I am so happy you measured your distances :).
ReplyDeleteCantering is fine, just make sure you ride the pattern.
The last lady I took a clinic with had some good advice; always scope out your line and whatever it is - you ride it that way. So if it's a bounce bounce two stride - then you focus on riding bounce bounce two stride. Likewise, you can use a placing pole, or just poles on the ground but ride them like they are fences for the same effect. So a placing pole would be a bounce fence...it's interesting but it does help. You guys nailed that pattern.
you two look amazing together, loved the video :D
ReplyDeletelooking awesome! go Bobby and Carly!
ReplyDeleteYay! You guys are so awesome :)
ReplyDeleteHe loves those bigger fences!! He's a jumping beast. Keep up the videos!!
ReplyDelete