Wednesday, April 13, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring.....wait, that's not new.

It's poured all morning long. We've gotten an inch of rain in the past 24 hours. UGH. ENOUGH. I want to go cross country schooling!! I'd like Bobby's first time to be on some decent footing, not sloppy, muddy, slippery grass.

I went down to the barn today to drop off  more grain because I wasn't sure I had enough for today and tomorrow morning (I did). I signed up for the Purina 60 Day Challenge when I switched the boys's feed over to Omolene 200. It's been two and a half weeks and Bobby is already looking much, much less ribby and both of their coats and glowing. When I took Bobby out Monday, he was striding out soooo nice and he had so much more energy than before. I am a believer.

I shed out another thirty pounds of Red's hair after his bath helped loosen even more.I groomed Robert, too, and trimmed his muzzle and his legs. He stands so nice for clippers. I didn't take a picture of either because Fran was due to arrive and I wanted to get out of there before I had to listen to her talktalktalktalktalk.

She said the vet told her that if the leg hadn't stopped draining and was still swollen by Friday, the horse is basically done-for. I think she just wants to get rid of him anyway now that it's nice riding out and everyone else is working their horses. She told me she wants a horse she can work cows with and maybe do some barrels. Makes you wonder why she bought a starved, lame Thoroughbred in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.