Friday, November 21, 2014

November's 10 Questions

From L of course. Of course because L is the winner at providing us all with content to write about when we having nothing exciting going on in our own lives.

1. Have you ever owned a horse? I have in the past. I currently own a mule. And not even a cute one. Kind of an ugly one.

2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I guess I classify myself as an eventer, and that's how my BO and BM introduce me to new people in the barn, but I really genuinely enjoy participating in any discipline I can. Love riding ponies my mule!

plus, the more disciplines you ride, the more chances to wear gaudy colors!

3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? For eventing? How about the current fucking helmet cam ban? That's not okay. But I have a cross-discipline pet peeve, and that is this: Everybody needs to shut the fuck up about how great their discipline is. First of all, I don't care. Not even a little bit. Second of all, you aren't better than anyone else. Listen, you're all doing basically the same thing. Dressage is just a fancy word for flat work, no?

4. Do you do barn chores? Child, I pay a lot of money for someone else to get up at six in the morning to break ice out of my horse's water buckets and pry his frozen poop up. Owning animals, including a horse, on my own property in upstate New York was enough of doing my own barn chores for a lifetime. I do help out whenever it's needed though because I am a nice person. That, uh, comes across in this blog, right? (...don't answer that.)

bobby is always willing to help spread shavings
because he's that kind of dude.

5. What is your least favorite barn chore? Mucking a stall where the horse has tiny little poop balls and then walks them all over their giant stall so it takes ten times longer to pick out.

6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? Dirtiness. Straight up, "Fuck you, I know exactly what you want and I am not going to do it because....fuck you."

7. What saddle brand is your favorite? Anything that I can afford and fits both me and my horse.

8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? I prefer the term "butt cape", but yes.

butt cape engaged.
(omg, those horrible feet though)

9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? Not usually, but sometimes I'll slap on a round of Dover fuzzy sport boots.

10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? I much prefer knee patch.

15 comments:

  1. what on earth is bobby doing in the shavings ??? huffing them lol??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....snuggling....them...? He seriously loves fresh shavings.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha ha! Butt capes!

    And I agree, what the heck is he doing in the shavings?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, I am going to be stealing, I mean, borrowing the term "butt cape". :) LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never fail to crack me up. I laughed so hard at that photo of Bobby with his nose in the shavings! #5: I'm totally with you on that one! #7: best answer so far! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. .. because she also has nothing to write about ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You win for best 10 questions responses :) Laughing so hard right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is Bobby trying to commit suicide by drowning himself in a pile of shavings?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your butt-cape wearing, crazy-color sporting mule!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See, I'd answer these more often if I was any good at answering questions like you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mule and butt capes... Love! I also completely agree with answers 3, 5, and 6.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL butt capes. Red is obsessed with shavings, too...we both have weird mules.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Butt capes = awesomeness. You should redo the dictionary.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to chime in and agree that butt cape sounds 100 million times more fabulous that a quarter sheet. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.