1. Have you ever owned a horse? I have in the past. I currently own a mule. And not even a cute one. Kind of an ugly one.
2. What is your favorite aspect of your discipline? I guess I classify myself as an eventer, and that's how my BO and BM introduce me to new people in the barn, but I really genuinely enjoy participating in any discipline I can. Love riding
|plus, the more disciplines you ride, the more chances to wear gaudy colors!|
3. What pet peeves do you have concerning your discipline? For eventing? How about the current fucking helmet cam ban? That's not okay. But I have a cross-discipline pet peeve, and that is this: Everybody needs to shut the fuck up about how great their discipline is. First of all, I don't care. Not even a little bit. Second of all, you aren't better than anyone else. Listen, you're all doing basically the same thing. Dressage is just a fancy word for flat work, no?
4. Do you do barn chores? Child, I pay a lot of money for someone else to get up at six in the morning to break ice out of my horse's water buckets and pry his frozen poop up. Owning animals, including a horse, on my own property in upstate New York was enough of doing my own barn chores for a lifetime. I do help out whenever it's needed though because I am a nice person. That, uh, comes across in this blog, right? (...don't answer that.)
|bobby is always willing to help spread shavings|
because he's that kind of dude.
5. What is your least favorite barn chore? Mucking a stall where the horse has tiny little poop balls and then walks them all over their giant stall so it takes ten times longer to pick out.
6. What do you consider the worst vice in a horse? Dirtiness. Straight up, "Fuck you, I know exactly what you want and I am not going to do it because....fuck you."
7. What saddle brand is your favorite? Anything that I can afford and fits both me and my horse.
8. Do you ride with a quarter sheet in the winter? I prefer the term "butt cape", but yes.
|butt cape engaged.|
(omg, those horrible feet though)
9. Does your horse wear boots? What kind? Not usually, but sometimes I'll slap on a round of Dover fuzzy sport boots.
10. Full seat or knee patch breeches? I much prefer knee patch.