Wednesday, April 30, 2014

One very brief hiatus coming right up.

Bobby is getting three days off (including yesterday) to munch on small doses of Bute and large doses of probiotics while dealing with a Lyme flare up.

After Monday's ride where he was pretty meh after getting worked as opposed to "GIVE ME ALL THE COOKIES AND SNUGGLES AND WHERE IS MY KITTY I MUST ANNOY SNUGGLE HIM, TOO!!!", I took his temp. It was spot-on at only 99.1, but I could tell he just wasn't himself.

normal bobby includes playing with the crossties and pillaging my locker for cookies.

His temp checked out, his feet were nice and cool, his gums looked good, he'd eaten up all his grain and was demanding more alfalfa from BM, and overall he looked to be in good health, but his attitude was a little too non-invasive for normal. I refuse to give him Doxy unless he has a serious, serious issue with the Lyme--and my vet is on board with this--so the Bute should make him comfortable, as well as the time off, and I'll see how he's doing back under saddle on Friday.

meanwhile he's doing all the grazing since BO is a spring grass nazi--which is super.
the ponies don't agree however.

I know most of you are like, "Who the fuck cares?" and the rest of you are like, "I can't believe she took the effort to write this post when it has nothing to do with anything."

WELL, I am trying to be a responsible blogger and keep consistent updates. So there.

And in more responsible blogger news, tomorrow is my May goals post (that I have yet to finish); on Friday I should have an update on how Bobby is doing and what classes (if any) we'll be showing in at the barn show Saturday; on Saturday is the barn show; and on Sunday is the dressage show.

So take that for being responsible. That looks like a whole shit load of fun posts to me!

15 comments:

  1. If there's someone who thinks that about your blog, than God-knows they hate mine. All I have done for the last three weeks is discuss the joys of an out-of-commission pony...

    I don't know, I tend to be of the opinion that everything we post doesn't always have to be super-exciting. Yes, it's more interesting to read, but my life is not nearly so awesome...

    Anyway, I'll read your "boring" stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love staying in the loop! Then, I don't have to play catch-up because I missed that there was a bump in the road of progress... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's cool when you know your horse well enough to notice that sort of thing.

    Blog topic? I think yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an excellent idea...and one I think you will do better at making pretty and interactive! :P

      Delete
  4. Poor Robert. Did you pull a lyme titer or just acting proactively? I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks my horse being "meh" is reason to whip out the thermometer. God forbid she snuggles me, that's an immediate call to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was tested back in...October? November? He's positive, but the vet and I agreed to treat the symptoms as they come and forego the Doxy as long as possible due to how caustic it is on sensitive bellies.

      He never got a fever, bad attitude, or went off his feed, he was just a touch stiffer and a smidgen NQR. It definitely helps to know your horse's personality to the point of obsessiveness!

      Delete
  5. I think Bobs is trying to convince you that he needs a vacation. But good for you for noticing his lack of shenanigans and taking proactive measures. Bobs is lucky to have such a responsible human!

    Oh. and I LOVE your blog, whether your posts are "interesting" or not :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We read because we care. :) And if anyone feels that way about this post, I'm sure they hate my blog too after 2 consecutive, long, detailed posts on laminitis.

    I hope Bobby is back to his normal self in no time! And I will echo the others in saying good for you for being able to recognize even the most subtle NQR-ness in your boy. He's lucky to have you as his mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found this post interesting. Clearly that means it was worth writing. Well done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging is about writing down the good AND the bad. It gets boring if its just all rainbows and sunshine all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better safe than sorry - its good you trust your gut instinct!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how well we get to know our horses that we can spot something amiss before it's really noticeably amiss.

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.