| bm's pony pebbles. just because she's cute. |
For the first ten minutes, I worked with Bobby at the walk. Stretch down, collect up. Repeat....again and again and again. Then we moved on to the trot. I started with a nice working trot to the right in his semi-fancy dressage frame. As we approached A where we were asking him to start stretching down yesterday, he offered to drop his head and I instantly slipped my reins almost to the buckle. Aaaand....
HE STRETCHY TROTTED ALL THE WAY AROUND THE ARENA!
Stretchy trot, you are our bitch!
He got a million and a half "GOOD BOY!"s as he went around, and then I picked my reins back up, went around once, and asked him to stretch down again. And he did! Two awesome stretchy circles in a row before we switched direction and did it all over again. I guess he just needed to sleep on it? I don't know if he's uncannily smart, or....what? Whatever his excuse, I'll take it!
I pulled out Training 1, read through it all the way for the first time ever (literally--I've been so slacking on this), and then ran through it. The canter to the stretchy trot to the normal trot to the walk (right?!) was a little rushed and disorganized, but I was so giddy he actually stretched right down that I didn't even pick my reins back up until A...when we were supposed to be walking. It was good enough for me for the first time straight through so I called the dressage quits and moved on to playing with the poles.
We cantered through them several times, trying to establish a good pace. As always, I was bringing him in too slow over and over. I finally got it kind of sorted out and raised the middle pole to a 2' vertical. The first few times, he was too slow and scrambled through. Who would have guessed? I finally kicked him on until I felt he was going too fast, and he skipped right through. Sigh. One day I'll learn. Maybe?
| spyder! |
| "i get my cookie now, yes?" |
Yeah stretchy trot!!! Don't you just love when it clicks?
ReplyDeleteI love all your horse-talk captions, I confess I also human talk for my animals. Bobby is so adorable.
ReplyDeleteLOL "stretchy trot is our bitch" is CLASSIC!! I think Bobbster is a brainchild!
ReplyDelete