Friday, December 23, 2016

Blogger Secret Santa

My Secret Santa gift was waiting for me when I got back from Illinois Wednesday night. I knew it was from Alyssa because she was afraid it wouldn't get to me in time and didn't want to leave me wondering where my fabulous secret pony presents were. Of course they ended up getting here well before Christmas, and then I felt like a schmuck for actually making my Secret Santa wait until after Christmas to receive her gifts because of the timing of my trip. (They should be there Tuesday, I promise!)

If you guys are friends with me on facebook, or follow me on instagram, or are burdened with having my phone number...or live with five states of me, you probably already know the main part of the gift from Alyssa. Without further ado:


You. Guys.

That is my horse wearing a tiara on a purple background giving the most Bobby look a Bobby can give.

My past Secret Santas have been amazing, don't get me wrong. I've received some excellent gifts that I still use on a daily basis, but...

I mean, how do you top this?

Also included in our package was a hilarious pair of socks that would have been a perfect gift all on their own:


And, of course, cookies for Bobby. They were the same kind his vet in PA used to dole out to him so he was very happy to eat them all in one go. 

This Christmas I'm kind of a frazzled mess with some house stuff that's going wrong and the general anxiety having to spend time with people brings me, but there's no way I can look at that painting and not smile. It's a reminder of all the wonderful people out there who share my passion, and who have helped make this journey a little bit easier.

Merry Christmas from Bobby and I!

never forget.

13 comments:

  1. Most amazing gift EVER! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the socks! SS can be a big surprise and looks like yours was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That painting is amazing! You should mount it over your fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and Bobby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The painting is lovely! How special to have a portrait of your Bobby. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alyssa's art is just amazing. It's like she captured Bobby's very soul in that portrait !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that painting! And those socks are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man, Alyssa just might win secret santa. That painting is literal PERFECTION.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second I saw it I knew that no other gift could ever live up to its glory. Way to go Alyssa!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.