Monday, September 11, 2017

Thanks and Thanks

The other week I received a giveaway from Amanda's product testing mailing list. First of all, having bloggers give feedback on horse stuff via email giveaways: totally brill. Secondly, actually making cute, usable stuff that horse people will use: more brill.

purple of course.

I originally took this fun little bag to the barn with me figuring I could find something in my trunk to put into it (my trunk is a maze of boxes and tupperware and organization that still somehow is one step away from black hole status). Once I got there though, nothing jumped out at me, and the more I looked at it the more it seemed too cute to be kept at the barn. Instead I brought it back home, and that weekend it ferried my wallet and keys around the state fair.

It's well made and a perfect versatile size. Thanks, Amanda!

I also want to thank everyone who commented on my last post.


It's a sucky situation because there's not really an easy way out of it. I can't exactly block this person from my life, so I'm going to try to do my best and squirrel my personal victories away while telling myself that the little backhanded jibes that get thrown out can't diminish them.

I actually dealt with this when I first moved into my barn in PA with the BO who employed the same tactic. I didn't need her telling me how to do every last thing with my horse unlike a lot of the people in the barn, and it felt like she saw that as a threat to her superiority.

I'm not here to show other people up. I'm not here to be better than anyone else. I want to better myself and do whatever the fuck I think is fun. That's my one goal with my horse. I learned to grow a thicker skin and block it out before. I'll learn to do it again.

In the meantime?

kendrick lamar knows.

20 comments:

  1. that post is adorable. also i admire your attitude. the situation definitely sounds shitty and also incredibly unnecessary. like. c'mon ppl. just like... stahp, ya know? hopefully tho the problem ppl will figure out the errors of their ways as you just keep on doin' you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't comment on your last post, but I thought a lot about it. It hurts and it sucks when people who are supposed to be happy for us aren't. It says more about them than it does about you. It may not be feasible to cut that person entirely out of your life, but may be possible to keep them at arms length. Make it a more "hi, bye" type relationship. But I agree, people who are in your life that are not happy for your success or for anything positive are baffling and painful. Just know it's them, not you. Hold your head high and rise above.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely trying to distance myself a little bit in hopes that some time apart will move this nonsense along.

      Delete
  3. Love your attitude about it. There are always going to be naysayers, but as long as you're continuing to better yourself and having fun, what else matters? (Easier said than done, I know).

    PS. That bag is SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel the feels of people shaming for whatever reason. I actually just went through that this past week and it sucks, especially when it comes from somebody who is going to be a part of your life no matter what. I've kind of come to the point of deciding that it's easier to let things go and just be happy regardless, but anxiety makes that difficult at times.

    Side note: what is this product testing mailing list and how do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your last post- WHOA. Shame on whoever is learning shaming you! I do not let ANYONE put me and my horse down. I literally don't care if I'm jumping 18 inches or 3'6, or what other people are doing. I'm hella proud of any progress my horse and I make, because I love him and we work hard. Huge SHAME on anyone who tries to bring you down! Keep learning, it never stops!

    <3 Kelly @ HunkyHanoverian

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the saddle cover I got from Amanda. I'm sorry things are sucking with fellow barn people. This is why I really love being at my tiny barn with like 10 horses because there is NO drama. We have no electricity and no trainer and no indoor and all that, but we have NO drama. And I like it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a sewing master. I'm so jealous...of both her sewing skills and your drama-free barn. What even is that?!

      Delete
  7. I've sort of dealt with this sort of thing (sort of still dealing with it) and it's tough. My answer has been to keep that person at arms length and not try to share my victories with them but that still doesn't make it easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victories are for blogging only now I guess. Fortunately you guys are good cheerleaders!

      Delete
  8. You know the situation best and are in the best decision to decide what to do. You could try operant conditioning. I had a 'friend' like you describe and every time she did a backhanded comment I simply left. After a while she changed, although not completely. Now I think I would address it directly but then, maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think my best course of action right now is to just not even acknowledge any poorly hidden jabs and hope she takes the hint.

      Delete
  9. That bag is adorable!
    You keep doing what you're doing, and just keep that debbie downer at arms length. People suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is definitely a large amount of suckage in the people of the horse world.

      Delete
  10. Hmm wonder if I can test things up here in the frozen north

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.