I am nothing if not diligent in my homework. If I'm given a problem and a clear path to fix it, I'm all about it.
The problem: The shoulders are blocked and don't want to do any work.
| "bitch, no. my front end does nothing but get angry." |
The solution: Stretches, TOH, SI.
| "omg so hard i hate it." |
I had a bit of an epiphany about using my outside thigh to ask for the SI which has been a big step forward for both of us, although it's still really hard especially tracking right. I have noticed on the longe that he looks a bit more restricted in the R shoulder, and his PEMF lady said that shoulder was more reactive as well, which makes sense on diagonal pairs as the LH is Satan.
I also think we're getting somewhere in the TOH with me focusing more on lifting and crossing the shoulders--not focusing at all on the legs themselves, just moving those giant bulldog weaving muscles around.
We worked a lot in the canter today with me nailing him down on listening instead of anticipating as we did a million simple changes--sometimes with changes of direction, but sometimes not. #mindmelt
| also focused on shortening my reins and pushing my hands forward because clearly that's another thing to add to the list |
I feel like maybe I have a plan for a better trot? Shorter reins, rounder carriage, always more forward, all while keeping the back soft. Lots of fast but subtle transitions in and out of w/t, forever and ever having to stop pulling on the reins.
| now is there a clear and easy path to posting upright? pretty sure it is physically impossible for me |
Ideally, being in a bit better of a headspace, I'd like to do Houghton's second recognized show and hopefully get my fucking 60% at 2-3 there qualify for year end awards in at least one category. Hopefully BM can help get us there in time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.