2019, with links to the other years I've done this starting in 2016.
Memberships: $45
- I renewed my GMO's membership in November. I ended up sitting on renewing anything else in the spring because I wasn't sure my truck/finances/horse's mental state were going to get us to a show ring. Turns out it was a prudent choice and I didn't waste a dime on memberships that I couldn't do anything with.
Vet: $1,526.25
- Radiographs, ultrasounds, and plenty of maintenance kicked this one up a notch this year.
Board: $1,710
- Getting abused in the morning by naughty horses keeps the cost down!
Truck and Trailer: $567.25
- I could have added more on to this one when the truck's transmission blew, but I told Hubby to blow the bitch up because I was done dealing with it. He fixed the transmission, but I didn't add it to the tally because I'm done hauling with it everrrrrr. New truck next year, and the trailer needs to get its electric sorted again so that's going to be a whopper in 2021.
Farrier: $630
Lessons: $0
Shows: $421.84
- A hunter show, a few hunter paces, a jumper derby, and a whole lot of cross country schooling.
Supplements: $1,203.99
- This includes a monthly supply of Nutrena Empower Boost, a late addition of Purina Outlast, and a couple other cheap things throughout the year (Buteless for his bum leg, UGard before the Outlast, yada yada). It's also a six month supply of his expensive magical mushrooms for his teeth. He hasn't been on that for a month because I'm going to try to the old on for six, off for three thing to see if it can justify the cost. Or if his dentist ever gets back to me to schedule an appointment and she tells me he has a whole new mouth.
Tack and Equipment: $2,086.37
- I bought a western saddle. And a jump saddle. And a super nice double bridle. Really everything else was just chump change LOL.
Total: $8,190.70
- This could have been so much more if I had showed for real this year! But also I probably wouldn't have bought a western saddle and a jump saddle if I had been focused on showing dressage, soooo....
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.