I had every intention of walking Opie for the month of December.
That did not last.
I was hoping that being under saddle--even if it just was at the walk--would be enough to make Opie feel like he had a job again, and therefore put him mentally back in his normal routine where he didn't lose his shit in his stall.
That did not work.
So I went ahead and added the trot back in. He feels totally sound albeit a little weak and wiggly from two months of doing nothing.
"Rehab" will now consist of...rolling with whatever each ride brings. He's getting once a week PEMF sessions, and obviously I'm not dumping him right into full work, both of which will hopefully keep that leg/groin/area in general from getting sore again. The tricky thing will be not doing too much while still doing enough so that he feels fulfilled in his tiny brain.
The overall picture here is, of course, that the vet is the worst and I'm pissed I'm in this frustrating situation at all.
Also that my horse is a nutter and if he could stop being that, that would be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.