Opie has been feeling really great in our work ever since we quit lessoning with DL. So. That is what it is, whatever it is.
The flat work has been super productive and has made me super happy, but it's nothing too exciting to write about. The jumping has all the sudden been a blast. In total dressage nerd fashion, the best part about it for me is that forever and ever 2'3" was our happy place. Now that the dressage has gone to a new level, 3' is our happy place. There was no need for the in-between heights because he's so strong and sure of his body with the flat work, it carries over to fence height.
![]() |
| 3' oxer easy peasy |
His dressage sessions haven't been particularly long, but they've been intense so I only try to do a couple a week. A good warm up ride before jumping is another sneaky, easy flat work ride before he gets to do the fun of jumping. We've also been doing tons of hacking out after rides, so I feel like the mental aspect for both of us has become so much better.
![]() |
| 3'3 also fun and easy |
![]() |
| love a giant X |
Yesterday--after breaking my tripod so being unable to set up my Pivo on Wednesday--I had Hubby come out to get some media. Because I'm me, the first few jumping attempts were a hot mess. Hubby was smart enough to be like, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you're pulling on him so bad before the fence." Which was a good reminder that his canter has been amazing lately, so get that canter and then just let it ride. Unsurprisingly, once I stopped pulling and just let him roll, everything was perfect from there on out.



No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.