After not doing my due diligence and missing the deadline to enter my first scores for the USDF Regional Schooling Show Awards--which meant I was no longer able to do just the two remaining shows hosted by my GMO that fit into my schedule since you need three shows--I was on the hunt for the elusive third show.
Fortunately I saw a posting on FB that someone else within five hours had gotten qualified.
Unfortunately it was three hours away.
At this point, whatever. Clearly I cannot get a 60% at 2-3 to save my life which means I won't get either of the year end awards from my GMO. Gotta try to scrape up a ribbon somewhere, right?! So bright and early Saturday morning we loaded up the trailer and headed south to PA.
Second Level Test 2
We were able to do a quick warm up inside the ring since there wasn't room to go around the outside. This was good for Opie because he immediately started llama-ing and tensing up at the new scenery. Fortunately by the time she rang the bell he was settled again.
| don't you dare cross behind, fucker. |
Then we hit the canter and shit just went off the rails. It was a horrible, shitty canter. Head wag, zero collection, zero energy, dumped on his fucking face, etc ect. She should have given me a 2 for the first simple change as he splatted into this strung out trot and I was like, "No, fuck you, sir. This is a schooling show, get a schooling moment." and I sat him on his ass and halted him before picking up the canter again.
I wrapped up feeling very disappointed. Glad for the relaxation, but frustrated with the lack of everything else. Final score a generous 62%. "Accurately ridden test. Rider needs to support and develop improved engagement and lightness without wagging head." Gotta love that the head wag has returned in full force.
Nope, it was still shit. Falling over his shoulder, disengaged, head wag galore, and on and on. I had forward, I had relaxation, I could not get anything else.
Second Level Test 3
Honestly the judge was spot on with her final comments on how I felt with my final feelings. We're just not there. We've literally gone backwards in quality of work instead of improving. And I want to go backwards and strip everything down to the beginning and start over. Clearly the core basics have slithered off somewhere and neither of us can be bothered to hunt them down and use them at the moment. If I hadn't already paid for these next two shows, I wouldn't do them. (Although this upcoming weekend is the HT so that's the most basic of dressage and yay, fun jumping!)
At this point, I've got the attitude of suffer through what's left knowing I'm not going to score well--and by well I mean 60%--and then bring on a revamp/overhaul/remedial party.
At this point, I've got the attitude of suffer through what's left knowing I'm not going to score well--and by well I mean 60%--and then bring on a revamp/overhaul/remedial party.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.