Oooooohhhhhh, we're so close I CAN FEEL IT.
This morning's ride we came even closer to the changes being right there right off the bat.
He had:
- A couple times where it was a couple strides late each direction.
- Twice where he bolted before I could even ask for the L-R change.
- Then we just stayed on the circle for several laps until he relaxed again.
- Which he did do!!
- Bam, got the change.
- Right around to try to R-L.
- He sort of self collected to super collection as I held with my seat to try to contain any bolting, and then right on centerline I asked and BAM! Clean change on the spot and cantered off.
- Again right back around for the L-R. Same thing, collect collect ask and CHANGE.
- I immediately halted him, jumped off, and shoved candy down his throat.
We need to nix the preliminary theatrics obviously, and that diagonal off the circle in 3-1 is going to feel like a fucking mile until I can ask for the change so once they're confirmed that's going to for sure need work, but progress! Definite progress!
He is throwing my left hip/butt cheek out something awful though. He's straight as an arrow going right now with the LH under him, but now I'm working overtime trying to shove it back under him tracking left. I have to kick him hard to get him into a shoulder-fore so the LH isn't on the inside of the track all by itself and it's killing my leg/seat. Probably time to get Mr Tappy out so he can do the work for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.