Warm up actually wasn't so bad. Pretty light and easy in the bridle, though we had to work for straightness and forward. Less than usual, but still a problem. We moved on to some transitions as Bobby tends to come back to the walk and let the motor die. So walk to trot whithout his head bouncing up, and then back down to the walk keeping the forward motion. We did this a few times before Bobby decided it was hard work--much too hard apparently.
He got fussier and fussier until he found something to spook at (someone getting in their car--gasp!). He jumped forward and tripped over his own feet which was, of course, reason enough to spook again. I pulled his head in towards my leg and he scooted over with his butt so fast he almost fell over sideways. I had enough split-second reaction skills to immediately let go and kick him forward, but I thought for sure I was going to go tumbling right off the side of him.
After that, it was no more Nice Mom. I got after him to shape up and do what I wanted and he slowly started to decompress and figure out that I wasn't out to torture him any more than usual. We finished with a pretty nice run through of our dressage test. Still a little wiggly down the centerline and diagnols, but way way waaay less than at Bucks last out.
| from saturday. |
| ooh. ahh. |
After oohing and aahing over the fancy wrapping and the gorgeous card enclosed, I carefully unwrapped it. And then I started bawling. Not in a, "I suck at riding and ponies" crying this time, but in a "This is the most amazing, gorgeous, there-are-not-enough-superlatives-in-the-world picture on the entire planet. I miss my Red Pony so much!"
![]() |
| photo of the photo by the artiste herself. |
So thank you, Niamh! Red is going next to the original picture in the place of honor on my dresser.

I love the cut out pictures she does! So, so, so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteTotally blushing over here! You guys are the best!
ReplyDeleteThat picture is amazing and beautiful! What and awesome remembrance and tribute to Red!!
ReplyDeleteI love getting things in the mail! I remember when my Best friend sent me a framed picture of my Richard my first year in college. very touching!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL artwork!
ReplyDeleteI love the pic! Checking it out for sure!
ReplyDeleteWeather here was 55 today, 72 tomorrow. . .I am not ready for winter, I'd take a sunny 60 for the rest of the year :)
Those are soooo beautiful. What a great item to add to your house :)
ReplyDelete