Saturday, October 6, 2012

Tis the season.

Tis the season for outfits, that is! Bobby goes out from 2:30pm to 7:30am and it's finally gotten chilly enough that I shook out the ole Weatherbeeta sheet and strapped him in. He was too busy eating to thank me, but his fuzzy-less self with be greatful come night time. He's so naked, I'm thinking I'm not even going to have to clip him before our last show.


We came in at the end of a lesson so Bobby got to practice patiently standing still while the other riders jumped a few times. He took a few annoyed steps before resigning himself to waiting. A much nicer change from this winter's issues.


We had a nice, long walk warm up before moving onto the trot. Blehhhh. Same as yesterday. Instead of caving in and getting off to put him on the longe, I put my big girl pants on and thought through the issues. There are places in my brain that know things. Most of the time these places like to ignore my pleas for help, but I was inistent today and I spent the next forty minutes putting as much of the pony knowledge I could remember to use. We finally, finally ended with some good left trot work.



I know he's still a young horse that still has a ton of basic training to cement down, but it's frustrating to start thinking about moving on to some harder dressage movements and then have to go back to "Get your head out of the rafters, please. That's all I'm asking." It will come. I just have to bang my head against the wall for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. That is a delicious trot he has! He'll start beefing up that neck in NO time with that frame that he's holding. I can't believe his thin coat, Laz is poofing up like a poodle right before my eyes! It's crazy.....

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.