Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 1...kind of

It's hovering around 30 degrees all day today and raining steadily (good ole Pennsylvania - if this were New York, we'd be getting 2 feet of snow!) so I didn't get out to the barn today. I could have gone, as I have for the past 3 days, and groomed Red and Bobby, and cleaned tack, and shoved pounds of peppermints down their throats, but the weekend is my "hubby time", and we only hit the barn when we can ride.

We did, however, make it to the tackstore for the first time since we moved down here in September and got a new bit for Red. Truthfully, I could have walked away with armloads of stuff, but I narrowed it down to something I really needed and was relatively cheap. The bit is a "sweet iron dutch gag" (so the tag says), also known as a one ring elevator. I'm hoping it can help pick him up off his forehand because although he's got a great round, bouncy canter, it's allll downhill.

I also got a new bit for Bobby off of ebay the other day, a slow twist loose ring snaffle, that I haven't been able to try out yet because of the ice and lack of indoor.

Hopefully this friggin half-assed just-enough-to-ruin-riding weather clears out soon. I can't wait to ride already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.