1.
2.
3.
4.
On to this month!
1. Build strength through longeing. My longe line sessions are not ten minutes on the line to get sillies out and away we go. Bobby spends forty minutes working--doing changes of direction, changes of gait, big circles, little circles, all around the arena circles, with side reins, without side reins, over trot poles, over jumps, etc.
2. Ride in the cross country field. Weather permitting, just to start getting him out back over terrain.
3. De-winterfy. a.k.a. no more looking like a shaggy goat. Also weather permitting. Mane pulled, a real clip with straight lines (what), and a bridle path that's not hacked out with scissors.
4. Solidify show schedule. Self explanatory.
I'm pretty disgusted with my horse right now to be honest. I don't have any desire to ride him, which is good because I'm sure if I did ride him, I'd just fight with him. He spent all week on the longe line, starting off being a complete pig, but ending yesterday like his usual polite self. Maybe by the end of the month I'll have a horse that wants to work for me again.

Excellent, when will you come work Ramone for me? :)
ReplyDeleteLove the sound of your lunge work...a woman after my own heart!
ReplyDeleteHope Bobby's brain checks back in soon & that you guys can have fun not fights under saddle.
Good goals! :-D
Glad your still working him, Maybe he's just tired of your guys BF cold weather. I'd be cranky too. Maybe if you are able to get out of the arena and get some fresh surroundings it will help.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel about your horse right now. One of mine is such a butt head right now that I don't want to even do anything with him. He always gets cranky in winter, but it's getting worse the worse his arthritis gets.
ReplyDeleteTackling goals like a boss.
ReplyDeletehang in there sista....maybe spring will bring a better attitude for Bobby for you.
ReplyDeleteCool - do tell about the clinic in March!
ReplyDelete