One of my major pet peeves: When people ride in shaped white pads and do not fit them properly under their saddles! I mean this is just a mess all around, but you can't even dump the saddle in the CENTER of the pad? Here's the ad for those that want a really tolerant pony. I've seen a ton of hunter riders do this as well and I always want to tug it into place. Shaped white pads are classy; make them stay that way!
Red got off pretty easy riding today. I warmed him up on the buckle at all three gaits and he happily cruised around with his nose on the ground, stretching out his back. I didn't want much--just energetic gaits and a chance to stretch his legs. For the last ten minutes, we worked at the walk and trot trying to perfect our halt on the centerline. He has a tendancy to take two or three strides at a walk before halting, but he did a few really nice, really square halts at the end.
I only rode for about 35 minutes, and I'm debating on what I want to do tomorrow and Friday. I always give my horses the day before a show off. I figure if they haven't learned it by then, they at least better be rested with a fresh mind instead of rank and mad at me.
Off to go close all the windows and bar the doors. We got three and a half inches of rain yesterday and it's pouring like hell again right now. Hopefully BH doesn't cancel because of flooding. Stupid weather.
Great and interesting equine blog. Why not come over and link it to a newly launched Equine Blogging Network http://hay-net.co.uk/ It would be great to have your works featured there too for others to follow!
ReplyDelete