Monday, February 13, 2012

I Heart My Donkey

I worked with Jade quickly today. New gutters were being put on the indoor which involved a lot of smashing and banging, so she went on the longe for about twenty minutes. When the guy took a break to grab some more stuff, I jumped on her and trotted her around. We did some circles and changes of directions because all I wanted was a ride without a temper tantrum. She was a little wound up, but she didn't try to snatch at the bit or duck her shoulder and trooped around the arena and past the ladder leaning up against the side with absolutely no issues. She was a little dancey when I brought her back to the walk, but again--not being evil, just still a little wound from the scary noises that had gone on. I rode her for ten minutes only, but I was really happy with it.

I just dicked around on Bobby today. We went on a meander down some trails, came back, wandered around the farm, went up to the outdoor and trotted around in two-point, popped over a low xrail a few times, cooled out by walking around the farm some more, then had some bonding time over cookies while he cooled out.

cookies?

trail blazing up a deer path.

"my friends are doing crazy things behind me, but you have a cookie!"
It was one of those days where it was so nice you wanted to be at the barn, but it made you too lazy to want to do any real work. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.