Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

I like Valentine's Day. Less pressure for good gifts, more chocolate. Really, what's not to like? I got Hubby a new coffee maker, a hige bag of Starbucks coffee, and I made the most delish lasagna for dinner. Hubby got me chocolate (damn right) and this kick ass shirt I've been coveting. And he even surprised me with it! Hard to do.

i can't help that i look like a super model as soon as i get up.
at least i had a bra on.

We did lots of other fun things, but first we went up to the barn to appreciate my OTTB and torture him with a baby cross country school. Very baby. He was good for the few jumps we went over. He's such a worrier, he really has to be coaxed along or he gets quite wound up and upset.

It was uneventful with the exception of one thing: The ground in front of the picket fence was slicker than it looked and he put in a half step in a sticky spot, decided against going for it at the last second, and threw on the brakes, sliding into the fence. I ended up perched on his withers with no right stirrup and both our noses inches from the ground on the other side of the fence. Awk-ward. A good example of why I'll never roach my horse's mane. He tossed me back up, I got back in the saddle, and we had a long walk to regain some confidence. The next try, he went over and we stayed away from it after that. No one got broken. Small win.

The rest of the jumps went pretty well. He over-jumped a few, but didn't refuse or hit anything.


oh my goodness, what a silly looking horse.







hey, at least we didn't part ways!

chilling out after the run-in with the picket fence.

We walked over the ditch a few times since the ground wasn't great around it, then headed back to the barn for loads of cookies.



We did a little photo shoot before he went back out to show off how handsome he can look. It's hard, but it is possible! Plus, I love my new shirt.

klassy barn attire. how i roll.

robert loves to give hugs. he will abandon food to give hugs.

watching his friends come down for hay.
Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you guys got lots of caloric goodies and gave your ponies ten million treats!

6 comments:

  1. Two things... love the shirt (and I dress the same way at the barn) and picture #3, what????? He looks stellar! Wait til he's all fit! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous! I LOVE that shirt! Sounds like you had a great day!! Awesome pics/video. You guys look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo eeeks, can I steal more photos of you and Bobby and post on our FB (I'll link your blog for celeb pony status!!) xo Let me know! I'll wait until I hear from you! Great pictures! So happy u like shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your horse! I adore OTTBs, have one of my own.
    Pretty stoked for my shirt :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.