I woke up Monday half dead -- literally. Okay, maybe not literally but it felt like it. Freezing cold despite three blankets and a heating pad, sore throat, coughing, sneezing, yada yada. I managed to crawl into the car to drop it off that evening for its doctor's appointment the next day, but that was about all I did the whole week.
| hubby's brother's dog lucy. |
| the pig dog. |
Fortunately for me, Bobby wasn't feeling half as fresh as he was last weekend and I was able to huff and puff around the arena for a good warm up on his part. My heavy breathing and constant sniffing was far from attractive though.
| can't breathe... |
Jumping over the xrail:
| oi. |
| flop. |
| such an outstanding rider. |
Green vertical:
And then we were left with the oxer. It was 3'3 behind and 3' in front. In typical Carly fashion, I blew right by the ideal turning spot coming to a jump flush with the long side. Bobby blew through my hands, continued on our poorly planned left handed course, and rocketed over the jump. I took a peak as we shot forward and realized we were headed directly for the standards. Bobby was down with jumping anyways, but I was not down with a collision. I attempted a mid-air reroute and we didn't touch a thing, but holy bat shit crazy picture:
| hey, george morris. how do you like them skillz? |
| goood byeee, lower leg.... |
I was like, "Cancel this fucking plan." So I did this crazy half seat thing where I (prepare to be blown away) sat up and back a bit more and we went over no bigs:
It's a learning curve, folks. Although for me it seems more like a learning plunge through dangerous white water rapids where the only uphill peaks are when I go shooting out of the water for a split second before crashing back down and nearly drowning again.
Whoa.
So deep.
Anyways, the pony got stuffed with peppermints and had another arm-numbing curry (he preferred the cookies) before getting tucked back into his stall to wait for dinner.
Tomorrow, I'm going to hopefully pick up my car. I may or may not be arrested for assualt. We'll have to see how willing the garage is to work with me on the $300 extra they charged me for fixing something without my authorization. Oh, hellz no. Prepare to see the crazy blonde bitch emerge, Hawkins.
No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.