| reading blogs and turning into a crazy cat lady. |
Hubby took me up to the barn Monday and I did a dressage school. Nothing exciting to report there. I have some video, but it's not even exciting enough to take the time to upload.
No pony for four days, but I finally got back up on Saturday. I knew Bobby would be feeling fresh-to-death after the time off so another dressage school was a no-go. BO was teaching in the outdoor and I didn't really feel like jumping up there, so we headed up to the xcounty field to blow off some steam.
| apparently we cross-cantered around a bit, too. |
We trotted and cantered around a bit at the top of the field before hopping over a couple of the little jumps downhill. It was a good exercise for me, especially with shortened stirrups, because I am so scared of going downhill. But Bobby was being careful, though trying to take advantage every time I loosened his reins for a second, and we jumped around up there easily. Hubby was on the phone with a customer (Yes, on a Saturday! Punk.) so no pictures of those.
| pretty much like this. |
| i, of course, didn't help matters. |
| really, how i don't fall off more often... |
He seemed happy with that and stopped stepping into the trot or canter as soon as I picked up my reins. I sponged him off and stuffed him full of cookies before Hubby and I went to the Bloomsburg Fair for the first time. The highlight? Seeing this JRT diving for his Frisbee!
| awwwwwww. |
Someone had moved most of the jumps around so I had new jumps to play over. Bonus. Today's arena set up:
We warmed up over the X, gate, and 3' green vertical. Bobby was super springy and flowy and I had a really nice time just cantering up to the jumps and enjoying the ride for once. I had walked and trotted him over the striped ground poles during warm up, but something about the stripes is rather offensive according to Bobby, so when I cantered him over them he leapt over them with his head between his knees to make sure they weren't going to jump up and eat him. He then landed about four feet further to the left than we came in, so I cantered off as if we had been doing a circle.
After a couple times through, he seemed satisfied he was safe to just canter over and we carried on to the low, wide oxer. Bobby gave a little grunt taking off the first time as he got a look at how wide it was, but he was still calm and forward to it without any wild take-off spots.
We finished with the 2'6 to 3' line. He was super good through that, only tapping the rail of the 3'. I looked behind me as we landed and it was still up, but as we rounded the corner I heard the thunk as it rolled to the ground. I set it back up and we ran through it again to finish there.
He really only had a problem with the gate once or twice. Other than that, he was a beasting pony face. I wish I could reproduce these rides at shows! I'm so relaxed and thinking and enjoying myself instead of having an inner spaz attack and letting Bobby get faster and faster and more and more strung out as I hold on for dear life and try to remember the course without puking.
| lean, mean eventing machine. i'm actually pretty pleased with how he's looking. nothing is ever going to help his skinny brontosaurus neck. |
We were strolling along on the buckle until we got to the woods that led us to our galloping hill. Bobby set off into a trot as soon as we got into the trees. I picked up my reins to bring him back and he went right into the canter. I told him no, but he continued to alternate between a trot and canter. He probably would have walked if I'd made a big deal over it, but it was a gorgeous day out and my pony was ready for a run. He started literally bouncing up and down in place as we came around the bend and the hill was in front of us. I tried to point out that vertical motion was not getting us forward, but he was too excited. Galllopingggggggg!!!!
| headed into the trees. |

Welcome back! Hope your car gets fixed soon and its not to expensive!
ReplyDeleteI missed you, crazy lady. :p
ReplyDeleteCar troubles are the pits. Hope yours is up and running shortly.
I am so jealous of your facility!! How amazing to have xc right there to ride on. There is a place not to far from me that I might move by young guy to in a few years once he is old enough to jump and they have a course. FUN!
ReplyDelete