Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Lesson Notes: 3/5/22

This lesson was on Saturday, and I'm too fried to make a coherent post about it so here are the bullet points:

  • Bend my elbows, softer in the wrist and arm.
    • My elbows belong to me, they are my anchor point.
    • However, I can't just hold and lock my entire arm.
    • Elbows point down.
  • My hands kept bouncing which is a thing for me, and as always they wanted to creep back and sit in my lap.
    • She gave me the equicube and told me to play around with it until I found where I needed to hold it to get my abs to engage.
      • They never did, I lied to her. I played with it more this week on my own when I wasn't being yelled at to also do ten thousand other things to fix my position and I did eventually find what she was talking about.
    • Find "the corridor" with my hands/contact.
  • Draw my shoulders down. Don't let them get so tight and tense. 
    • Right shoulder back, always.
    • Turn my head left when dropping my right shoulder to disconnect the two as I get so tense I basically lock my entire topline.
      • The second she had me do this, Opie instantly softened his topline and dropped his head. 
  • Post(ing trot) my ribs through my arms.
  • Leg yield right quarter line to center line, 10m circle right and vice versa to unlock the tension/pulling on one side or the other. 
    • Turn with the outside aids.
    • "Stop riding so much, you're doing all the work." Hear that, Opie? Help a bitch out!

At the end of the lesson we finally got all the ten trillion fucking pieces put together and his back came up and he went medium trotting around like a stud which earned us a, "Look at the power from this little superstar!"

Today we worked on cantering a right lead circle without falling over. If I got my body sorted out, he got his sorted out.

Riding is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.