With our return to Second this weekend after the total shit show that went down the last time we presented ourselves to the public, I assumed I'd fall into: cram everything into the week before, get the horse super tense and angry, go in not feeling at all good about preparation.
But instead so far I've made good choices!
I've stayed chill, the horse has stayed chill, and I feel like a I have a good plan to put in relaxed tests which is really the best we can hope for.
Yesterday we amazingly were able to ride in the outdoor despite the absolute deluge of rain on Saturday--and the preceding two weeks. He was good for the lateral work. What we worked hard on were the halt and the simple changes. I had to get after him a couple times on both those things, but they were fair corrections and he knew he was being a bit of a shit because he took them without drama.
At the halt, he's for fucking sure learned how to count to three and after his three steps he goes forward again. Well, sir, sometimes I want to do the counting and sometimes I want to do four steps. Or maybe even five. JUST BECAUSE. By the end he stopped fighting me on math and would let me pick how many steps we did. And they were quite lovely.
The simple changes were shit because once again he was being lazy and not wanting to load the hind end with enough collection. We got those at the end, but I was one hundred percent working harder than he was to make them happen.
![]() |
| would rather snack than dressage. same, bro. yet here we are. |

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.