1. Does your horse need shoes? Well he does now. Whomp whomp. A small sacrifice to having a sound horse that I can still do whatever I want with.
2. What do you think of the barefoot vs shoes debate? Having spent a long time on both sides, I honestly can't say one is better than the other. If your horse can go barefoot, do it! If your horse needs shoes, do that! Not every horse can do both.
3. Favorite season for riding? Summer. Dry footing for trail rides, horse shows, and you can always ride early enough to beat the heat around here.
4. How many shows do you think you've gone to? I was never really into showing until well after I'd graduated college, so doubtless not as many as most of you, but I've still gotten around a fair bit.
5. Do you consider yourself a good rider? I'm not a very self-confident rider in that I'm not ever comfortable giving myself credit for anything I might actually do well. Self-doubt is my jam. I also ride alone 99% of the time, so I never have someone there being like, "Wow, you're doing so well with your horse! Well done, you." Honestly I'd rather err on the side of thinking I suck and try to improve than err on the side of being delusional, talking myself up to internet strangers, and thinking I don't need to improve.
6. How experienced do you think someone needs to be to own a horse? I think there's a lot you can get away with without being the most knowledgeable horse person out there. Does that mean you should have ten horses on two acres with no fucking clue what you're doing? No. But you don't necessarily have to be a
7. Have you ever gotten into a fight with your trainer? No, none of them throughout the years. If I don't agree with what a professional I'm paying is doing, that's it. No more paying the professional.
8. Describe your dream horse. I just want an OTTB gelding with a good brain. Having fun is more important to me than having being ultra competitive. Also Thoroughbreds always. Only.
9. Does anyone in your family ride? Hubby can ride and has no problem letting his input be heard during my rides. Other than that, no.
10. If you could ride any horse in the world, which one would it be? Why? Mmm, maybe Valegro? I'd never be able to jump any of the top level horses in any of the other disciplines, so what would be the point? But Valegro is adorable, and if he could just do all his magical movements while I sat there doing nothing, that'd be great. #fantasyland