My barn isn't anything fancy--it's actually pretty old and kind of ugly--but it has every amenity Sir Robert and I need and the care is great.
1. View of the barn:
| the bank barn was the original structure--BO has added on a lot since she bought it. her house is in the background to the left. |
| the aisle when you first walk in, complete with a friendly dutch hippo greeter. the feed room is straight back behind the gate the the left. |
| the courtyard where seven stalls are, and three more stalls are in the overhang. |
| from the courtyard through here to the main barn |
| the main barn. bobby's stall is to the right where his giant head is. the tack room is straight back behind the sliding door. |
2. My horse's living space:
| 12'x14' stall that he's in from 7am-2pm |
| the uncle jimmy's hanging ball is still alive! he ignores the giant salt block which is why it's covered in shavings. |
| he prefers his fancy hanging himalayan salt block. |
3. View of the tackroom:
| there's a school horse tack room, but all the boarders get their own locker. i also have a tack trunk in the carriage house with my "keep at the barn, but not in my locker" excess. |
4. View of where we ride:
| the outdoor and round pen. the xcountry field goes up the hill in the paddock to the left in the distance. |
| the indoor |
5. My favorite feature:
Aaand I don't know how to do fancy script or whatevs, so you don't get the fancy link to everyone else on the bottom. Sorry.
The barn seems to be in a nice area.
ReplyDeleteSInce you have an OTTB, i was wondering if you would like to be spotlighted in one of my OTTB Spotlight posts. Read about it here
http://paolashorseblog.blogspot.com/2014/01/ottb-success-stories.html
and email me your entry paola.pedranti@gmail.com. Thanks!
Looks pretty darn nice to me!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little barn!
ReplyDeleteSweet - I love your barn!
ReplyDeleteIt reminds me of the barn where I first started riding. I bet it's full of great horse memories. :D
Good turnout is probably the most important imo!
ReplyDeleteMy current barn is nothing fancy either - great care and happy horse is what is important :)
ReplyDeleteYay I'm all caught up again, have been missing my Bobby & Carly fix.
ReplyDeleteLove your turnout situation!
Have a great weekend!
How fun! I have my horses at home and don't really have a barn LOL but I LOVE seeing everyone else's!
ReplyDeleteGreat turnout!
ReplyDeleteI like the term Rustic lol. I am super jealous of the fields etc you have, and the tack lockers so your stuff doesn't walk off occasionally (albeit we have a good group that watches each others stuff pretty well).
ReplyDeleteAwesome turnout for the win!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love that courtyard. And the turnout situation is AWESOME!
ReplyDelete