Sorry folks, this one's for me - no fun stories here for you.
- Pick the shoulders up on a circle with the thigh, push the haunches out.
- Could tell he was really lifting and elevated because I botched the downward transition and his whole frame fell about four inches lol.
- Have to be better/stronger about using the upper leg since he's so reactive to the lower.
- Now that he'll actually let me school the changes instead of anticipating them and overruling anything I say, I have to really ride him forward and think charging into them.
- Make sure the canter is jumping!
- Haunches need to come to the right in the L-R change.
- Move the SHOULDERS not the NECK in SI. He's not a big horse, he's not going to make big angles or big movements -- stop trying to make that happen.
- Spent half the lesson wasting time in the walk trying to make it a walk so we could do the canter transition. MB: He's not a baby? He's a child. He's like every man. "I can do it myself! ....but only if you hold my hand."
I did hear back from Dr A last night, and Sir was unsurprisingly positive for both chronic and acute Lyme. Doxy and more ulcergard ordered this morning, and hopefully that concludes Opie's medical needs for a hot minute.
Buh, at least glad to hear you have an answer and treatment plan as far as Lyme goes... and I hope he's feeling better (but not more rage-monster-ish!) soon. Lol at the "He's like every man" comment.
ReplyDeleteI'm not glad he has lyme, but I'm glad you have an answer at least. Let's hope the doxy works its magic.
ReplyDeleteAnd also truer words have never been spoken than this: "He's like every man. "I can do it myself! ....but only if you hold my hand."