Monday, October 25, 2021

TNEC and CP Barn Schooling Show

I forced Hubby to drag his ass out at dawn to come take pictures for everyone in the morning so there's actually Dopie Does Hunters media for once!

i do love hunters for getting to do whatever the fuck you
want in the ring and over the fences you're jumping before the
show even starts. such silliness. 

We pulled in with the trailer just in time to see one of Opie's bff's rear up on top of K and knock her to the ground. Have you ever had one of those moments where you were like, "Wow that's so awful.....told you so tho."? Because yeah. I kept Opie on the trailer while BFF ran around the ring tormenting the other horses walking in there until they caught him, and then brought him out to graze for a bit until everyone had their shit together again.

I'm never such which Opie I'm going to get off property especially when it comes with jumping--and with a bunch of horses in turnout next to the ring running around like idiots because it's 35* outside. Fortunately I got #childgenius and he went around easy peasy all morning long.

As per usual for me, I was hesitant to start jumping and was like, "Meh, maybe I won't even bother doing the 2'3" and just do the hack division." He was being so good though that we waited for BFF to be escorted back home and then got to work.




He did nothing wrong and loped around while I stayed in half seat with zero input. Okay, fine, I guess we might as well do the 2'3" lol.

Hack division first: a hunter class, equitation, then another hunter.

He was fine for the first and last hunter classes getting a 2nd in the first and a 4th in the other one:



For whatever reason the second flat class always turns him into a barely controllable rage monster that just wants to canter the entire time. I kept a lid on it, but he did gets antsy at the halt right in front of the judge from which she asked us to pick up the canter. He was too busy fidgeting to focus and struck off on the wrong lead and then got pissy when I asked him to stop and correct it.


The judge had apparently moved on from us by that point because we got a second in that class as well.

The 2'3 division started off with a hunter round:


Opie spooked hard at the half barrels at the first jump, but he did go over albeit with a mighty launch that threw me forward.

"da fuq are those things"



I came in with not enough pace to the first line which left getting out of it on the correct striding not super pretty, but I asked for the long spot needed and he delivered. Everything else was fine. 


The eq round was also fine. He had to trot the barrel jump which he scooted to a stop in front of, but jumped without going backwards or sideways.



And then the final jump was a diagonal that we were supposed to halt after. As we came around the corner I half halted when I didn't need to at all and he almost broke to the trot and then had a shit jump out because I wrecked the rhythm--and then I almost forgot to halt. 


He got a 3rd for the first round and a 4th for the second. The flat felt super, but honestly I'm not ever sure what this rando judge is looking for at this "show". Every single class seems to be placed kind of however she feels like and not based on any logic. We got a third for the flat. 


Overall it was a perfect off property trip on our end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.