![]() |
| boring to look at, magical to ride in |
Well now I feel like a real asshole not investigating saddle fit sooner because hot damn, what a fucking change this new saddle instantly made.
The fitter told me to take it easy the first week riding in it because he was going to move completely different, and he'd probably come up sore if I just put him right back into full work.
Yeah, that is not going to be a problem. It's me that's going to need to be eased into riding this bouncy, forward new horse I own.
I finally got a chance to ride in it for real yesterday. He started off by yanking the reins out of my hands to stretch to the ground at the walk. Into the trot he was launching me with each post, his back was so round and up and springy. The canter felt totally different. I finished by tacking on a short stint of sitting trot just out of curiosity, but it was a bit tight. That was fine--never tack on anything last minute to an Opie ride because it never works.
![]() |
| "i need advance notice on all things, thx" |
Today I was dying to try the flying change circle exercise from the clinic on Sunday:
- On a circle: walk - counter canter - walk - true canter - walk - counter canter - lead change.
![]() |
| the puppy was all about joining our splash party until some very loud birds needed her attention |
Tomorrow is a road hack with BM, and then Thursday I get my first vaccine so we'll see how the rest of the week plays out with that.
![]() |
| willow felt strongly that chiro time was over and it was snackie time now |
He leveled out his hips as best as he could, did a couple of the usual spots in his back, and announced that over all he looked really good conditioning-wise. He agreed with the (second) vet that his hips are probably never going to be completely level, and that he's really tight back there. I've been stretching out his back legs before every ride and while still super tight, he's already got better range of motion. Chiro should have seen him when his "stretch" was about two inches, yikes.
![]() |
| mission accomplished. |





No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.