I got there when the first division of kiddos started at tadpole (18") to take pictures of everyone. My favorite part of jumper night is getting to hang out with so many fun barn mates that I don't usually see because I ride first thing in the morning after doing chores. It was a fucking blast with the perfect weather and perfect group, and just generally much needed.
When it was our turn to go, I warmed Opie up quickly on the flat and then popped him over the two oxers. He was foot perfect and it settled me right down (because jumping in front of people in an arena is still my worst nightmare, let's be real).
Round One
Round One Jump Off
That last turn to the purple was the worst and no one rode it well. We won that class by virtue of being the only ones to go clear.
Round Two
Round Two Jump Off
Gambler's Choice
I am SO BAD at this class. I can't think of what to jump off the top of my head to save my life and waste half my time cantering around aimlessly instead of just turning in to a jump. We still somehow managed fourth out of sixth.
Overall a night well spent, even if I didn't get home until almost ten!

No comments:
Post a Comment
If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.