Monday, October 5, 2020

Juuust kidding

 After two good rides in a row, on Friday we went back to the shit show of Ask More, Get Less. 

A lot of it was my fault for going in without a clear game plan for the ride which left our warm up disjointed and relatively useless. Always a good way to start things. Things just never really got flowing, although we were able to accomplish some really good walk-canter-walk transitions x1000. However, I started to take those across the diagonal ala the simple change in 2-3 and Opie instantly went into flying change rage monster--you know, without the actual change.

I ended the ride once we were able to accomplish the simple change across the diagonal, but I got us there after working through violent rearing by breaking everything down to the walk and building back up. At this point that feels excessive. 


Saturday afternoon I begrudgingly climbed back on with no goal besides No Drama. Fortunately that was accomplished. 

He wasn't too interested in big stretching, but I got him going around in a Training/First frame while keeping the thrusters going. More w/c/w transitions, some canters down the center line through a fun pole chute A had set up earlier, and then we finished popping over an 18" vertical--which was done with much panache. 

leaving on sunday after confo pics. dopie says,
don't go need more snacks first.

The chiro comes out tomorrow, and I'm on BM's wait list for lessons so hopefully those will get kicked off soon. My truck is in a bad way right now so hauling out for lessons is looking extremely doubtful at the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.