Thursday, November 7, 2013

The internet is delusional.

I was fucking around with this "Analyze my text!" thing just for shits and giggs this morning, and I copied a couple of paragraphs from my last blog post.

Here's what I used:

"Yesterday, I lazily set up a two stride line that boxed in the vertical on the short side and made up a little course with the three jumps. He was totally nonchalant about the whole thing. I'm keeping the jumps tiny for now, so it's not exactly physically or mentally stimulating, but that's the whole point, isn't it?

I think I've finally cracked the Bobby Jumping Code. Three whole years of doing one extreme of this or that, and I've finally pieced together a little bit of both and created a perfect gentleman of a jumper. Well, over 2'6" at least. We'll see how well it holds up once I ask him to go a little more forward for bigger jumps.

But srsly.

Jumping used to consist of not being able to count how many good jumps we got in the entire ride because you can't count to zero on your fingers! Now I can count on one hand how many eyebrow-raising jumps we get throughout the course of the ride. Note "eyebrow-raising" and not "cover your head and peak between your fingers to see if it's over" jumps. I'll force Hubby to get video this weekend."

Any guesses on what writer I supposedly emulate?

Uh, would anyone have guessed Stephen King? Yeahhh....not really seeing it, unless even a random internet site is trying to tell my riding is downright horrifying. That's kind of a depressing thought.

So what about you guys? Who do you write like?

23 comments:

  1. Apparently my blog is also written by Stephen King (which mortally offends me... really seriously). My grad school statement of purpose reads like Arthur Clarke (that's more like it... :D) and apparently some of my 15 pages of writing sample are like Anne Rice, and Dan Brown. So I guess I'm varied, and hopefully grad school likes that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ran my cotton lead rope review through...and got Chuck Palahniuk. Wow. Um...sure. Ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently, my last blog post was written in the style of Ernest Hemingway. Now I'm going to do a couple more to compare. Surely that can't be right...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ran an excerpt from my NanoWrimo novel and got Arthur Clarke :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some dude named David Foster Wallace... never heard of him or anything wikipedia says he wrote. COOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Stephen King (blog) and Gertrude Stein (other writing). Never read either of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also got David Foster Wallace. Never heard of him. So I think I'm gonna plug in other posts until I sound like someone I've heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do we all write like Stephen King?

    I did a few more samples and got Cory Doctorow... no idea who he is ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who the hell is William Gibson... ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ()&#(*^(*@*(@*(*(@ You have no idea who WILLIAM GIBSON IS...!!! >:[

      Delete
    2. "Noir prophet of the cyberpunk genre."

      Alrighty, then. I am still clueless. :-)

      Delete
  10. I got Vladimir Nabokov. I... uh... thanks?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually like Stephen King's writing - call me crazy. I got Cory Doctorow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. SheMoved, I got Cory Doctorow, too! I have heard of him but knew absolutely nothing about him, so I Googled and learned. Science fiction, seems like. Really? Never written science fiction in my life and haven't read a whole lot of it, either.

    Considering that several of you got H.G. Wells and Stephen King, perhaps that site is slanted towards that genre...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am curious how many authors they have as references, since most of us got Stephen King and Cory Doctorow (I got both from my blog). I will have to find some of my other writing and see what it comes up with. I agree with SheMovedToTexas, I like Stephen King, at least some of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. JRR Tolkien apparently...I guess there were some horses in those books, at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I entered 3 different blog posts and got 3 different authors - Cory Doctorow, Stephen King, and David Foster Wallace…not sure what that means. Am I really that eclectic?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stephen King...Cory Doctorow...Rudyard Kipling...Anne Rice...Apparently my writing is conflicted.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hahahaha, that's hilarious, going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha this is hilarious. Cory Doctorow, Chuck Palahniuk, William Gibson...and that's just from my blog. My writing is seriously conflicted too :P

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.