Thursday, November 17, 2016

10 Questions for November

From L, who manages to produce not only content for her own blog, but for everyone else's as well!

1. How old is the youngest/greenest horse you've ridden? We started babies at around 18 months for the track.

baby bobby ready for work

2. How old is the oldest horse you've ridden? Hmm. That's tough. Probably only through late teens that I can think of.

3. Were you scared of horses when you first started riding? No. I first started riding at a very podunk farm in South Carolina when I was five, and I remember trying to climb onto the backs of horses in their paddocks.

4. Would you say you're a more nervous rider or a confident rider? It depends on how quickly I can get into my head and trick myself into thinking that I'm super confident and nothing will phase me. But if I let doubt starting creeping in, forget it.

5. Biggest pet peeve about non-horse people around horses? How they don't seem to understand that I have to take care of my horse. I don't just arrive and it's tacked and ready to go, and I can't just get off after riding and walk away without doing anything to it. So sorry to waste your time, but fuck off.

6. A time you've been scared for your life? (horse related) I very briefly owned this OTQH who flipped over with me once. That was the end of that relationship.

7. Have you ever fallen off at a show? What happened? We were coming to the second-to-last jump on cross country (sitting in first place I might add), and Bobby misread the produce stand at Bucks and tried to climb it instead of jump it. He rethought that mid-scramble and threw on the brakes, sending me over his head onto my head for my first concussion.

baiii.

8. What's a breed of horse you've never ridden but would like to ride? I've never ridden a gaited horse but would really like to!

9. Describe the worst behaved horse you've ridden? Back in the good old days of Bobby running backwards at a high rate of speed being his answer to everything was not awesome. Like the time he ran backwards off a fucking cliff while I was on him (emergency dismount ftw), or the many, many times he ran backwards and sat down on top of fences.

10. The most frustrating ride you've ever had? Too many on Bobby to even count.

#realtionshipgoals

12 comments:

  1. Omg that baby Bobby picture!! 😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG "I don't just arrive and it's tacked and ready to go, and I can't just get off after riding and walk away without doing anything to it." This. So much. Yes. People DO NOT GET that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny how baby bobby already looks so world weary lol. and how it looks like he's basically just nonchalantly grazing in that produce stand, like "oh yea this seems like an appropriate time for a little breaky break!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby has always looked very Bobby. That's... something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby Bobby hasn't changed a whole lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never knew you worked with baby race horses, so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That produce stand pic... eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's interesting that you've worked with really pretty young horses, but haven't ridden the geriatric crowd much

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is not Bobby? Whaa.... they are so cute at that age

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.