Thursday, March 10, 2016

What's in my tack trunk?

Terise at Breeches and Boat Shoes just did a post on what's in her tack trunk. I love these posts because who doesn't love to check out all the random horse crap other people have, so I thought I'd jump in on the fun. (Bobby's training ride got cut short today because his bum has gone all wonky in case you're oh so worried about missing out on something. The vet is coming out tomorrow for routine stuff, and we have a call into the chiro, so he should be sorted out soon enough.)

Hubby had my tack trunk made for me for my birthday last year, and it's giant, but it still only holds a fraction of my shit. Here's what I consider my daily essentials:

Tupperware filled with random shit: extra boots, blanket straps, gloves, stirrups, polos, vet wrap, plastic wrap, and who knows what else. Surrounded by an extra lead rope, bridle, my hackamore, and an extra martingale, all of which probably needs to be cleaned.


Extra saddle pads that I don't use, but have just in case on top of that:


I keep my drawer slid over all that crap. In the drawer I keep: helmet, standing wraps, Dover boots, dressage tests, a couple riding books, whip, extra cookies, spurs, and a box o' bits. My quarter sheet also lived in there while it was cold.


Next to that: the saddle pads I use all the time, a bag of polos I use often, five point, tall boots, box of first aid shit, and my wash bucket with shampoo, sponge, MTG, detangler, and liniment. Also extra apple sauce to go with Bobby's magnesium.


And topped off with my grooming tote:


Saddles and bridle go on top:

21 comments:

  1. That is one giant-ass box. Also... I HAVE THOSE GLOVES!!!! The garden gloves in the first pic... I have those too! So cheap, and they last forever.

    Hope Robert feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone else uses them for riding! They're going to step up to the plate once these Noble Outfitters finally finish dying. I kill gloves so fast with my rubber reins.

      Delete
  2. Where is the candy storage?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that trunk is massively gigantic and i luvs it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post!! Love your tack trunk!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm torn between wanting an awesome tack trunk like yours and being afraid to put all my stuff in one place - it's much easier to hide the sheer volume when I have multiple small collections!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby is quite handy! Thats a beautiful trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the trunk...and creeping at what other's have in theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dude that box is large and in charge and I need it

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the box! And you should see my saddle pad collection at the barn (hides)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am pretty sure I'm a hoarder now. I have a trunk as big as that one and I can't fit all the extra stuff you store in yours. My extra stuff is in a tupperware in another location.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!! I'm also a tack horder, I have a chest at home that's full, two Rubbermaid containers and all my other stuff at the barn on a shelf and in a cabinet. I'm making a list for when my dad and I get this tack locker that we're making done I'm going to try to fit everything except blankets in there and anything that can't fit will need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your hubby gets major brownie points for the procuring that trunk!! I'm super impressed how much stuff you have in there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So tidy! Teach me your ways ...!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a GIANT tack trunk- I want! And so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the trunk! And it is so organized!

    ReplyDelete

If you can't say anything nice, fuck off.